chapter 2

*************************

Knock knock.

Great. I got up from the lounge walking towards the door. This was gonna be a long night.

I opened the door and there she was. She was pretty, black hair, brown eyes, a simple dress that complimented her well and soft makeup.

"Hi" she said as she gave me a small smile. "Hey, um come in".

Was I the only one feeling this awkwardness.

"Thank you, I'm sorry to come this time of night , I'm Amore, your friend sorta gave..."

"Yeah I know" I quickly interrupted. "You can take a seat anywhere you like."

I offered stepping aside as she walked in and started scanning my house intriguingly "Nice place".

"Thanks" I replied and so after she literally complimented half of my house from the furniture to the vases and with every word she said she seemed to step closer and closer to me. I didn't like where this was going.

She placed her hand on my chest. "I wonder what you hide in there" she stated.

"Where?" I asked confusedly. Then she pointed to my chest, which I'm sure she meant my heart.

I moved back a few steps and began to walk towards the kitchen. "I don't know what you mean" I answered back.

She smiled and sat down." I mean you seem like the type of guy who doesn't really show his true emotions and feelings, why is that?"

I looked at her about to ask her why she thought she had the right to say that when she didn't even know me as a person.

Who was she, some life reader.

I was irritated by her question but I would never hurt a lady nor her feelings so I just looked at her.

"Want some coffee".

"Yes and you didn't answer my question" she kept on prying.

"Sorry Amore is it, but you don't know me, don't really see why you would insinuate that?" I snapped back at her.

"I don't know, I usually guess people's personalities right, I'm never wrong." she stated.

"Ohk but that's where you're wrong and if I could, may I ask why you came to my house this late, I'm sure not for coffee" I said sarcastically. She then unclenched my cup from my hands and placed it on my table.

"Is it not obvious... I think I'm in love with you and we could be something great you know"

How could she be in love with me . How did she.. I didn't even know her.

She didn't deserve a harsh rejection. How was I gonna say this without hurting her feelings. I'm not the type of guy who finds this easy but I guess the truth sometimes will hurts.