chapter 25

yay 1.16k in 5 months. I'm soooo happy this book is actually going so well. Appreciating all the people who read this book, my first book infact. Thank you my munchies a whole lot

Jared's POV

My little vacation was cut short. No matter how hard I tried. My mind would always trail back to Amanda. I don't understand why I couldn't just like Amy. Life would be so much easier.

I currently was in my old house. I knew coming back wouldn't be an issue because they all still believed I was in Australia, so I could just lay low until things blew over.

I've done some shitty things in my time but I never thought I would lose my best friend over a girl. He is one of the only guys I care about and Amanda just had to show up to take him.

This is all her fault, I blame her for everything. Why John, why not anyone else? She made me have this silent obsession I have for her.

I could change for her, I really would have but I've realized it's way past that.

Its evident she won't ever be with me, so it's best she not be with anyone else.

'Its unfortunate, the man beside her is my best friend.' I thought to myself as I took the gun from my drawer.

I stood up taking my phone out of my pocket.

"Hey"

———

John's POV

"Amanda" I called her from the balcony.

"Yea" she said as she came out of the room.

Earlier today I took her sight seeing around the town, then something I realized I liked a lot, bungee jumping. She was scared but she eventually jumped. She looked so care free. And now we came back to a hotel where we had dinner.

"Come out here, I want to show you something." I said as I held out for her hand.

"Haven't you shown me all I need, seriously John, you've been too good for me." She said so close to me.

I smiled " That was weird."

"What?" She asked confused. I stole a peck from her "That's excacly what I was about to say, you're too good for me."

She smiled in the crook of my neck as I held her close. "I like this" I said as she looked me in the eye.

"You think we'll be happy? She asked worriedly. "I mean since the whole Jared thing, our lives seem like a movie" She finished. I lifted her chin with my finger.

"I love you, you love me and that overcomes anything, don't you think?" I said as I kissed her.

"Yes"she answered doubtfully.

"I brought you out here for a reason, because if you look up you'll notice you're shining brighter than the stars" she laughed at my words. That's all I wanted. For her not to worry. I made my way inside and began playing John Legend you and l through the speaker.

"Well this brings memories."she said as I took her hand.

"Would you just dance with me." I asked impatiently but she looked at me questionly.