chapter 4

John's pov

I woke up with a headache but I had a meeting to attend. I wonder what it is about anyways. I do my job perfectly and I don't see a need for a change and an adjustment.

I took a shower and got ready. I wore the normal black suit but paired it with jeans. I don't do too formal clothing.

I headed downstairs but stopped at the mirror by the stairs.

As I looked at myself in the mirror I smiled "damn I look hot", and just then my headache hit me again. Hope I don't fall down the stairs. I quickly went and ate then took some pain killers on my way out.

"Let me just go to this stupid meeting and get over with it." I sighed to myself .

*******
Amanda POV

I woke up feeling fresh. Like it was the first good sleep I've had in ages. It was nice for my sister come and visit me. I love her so much.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I began to sing the chorus of true love by Pink.

"Lol" I laughed at myself  reminding myself of the song "singing in the shower."

"La la di la la da la la da singing in the shower"

I eventually got out and freshened up. I put my hair up in a pony tail, wore a two piece, a black pencil skirt with a purple blouse paired with a black jacket. Light makeup and there I was done.

I left home, got into my car and before the meeting I took a u-turn.

I craved some muffins and coffee from my favorite coffee shop, "Mosets." Owned by the fabulous, the loving Mrs Moset.

I stopped the car. Got out and walked in.

Mmmmmm

You could smell the aroma of cocoa beans from the coffee. This place was welcoming. I moved passed the tables as I greeted the costumers and then the staff. I walked upstairs to the door written manager. I smiled and walked in.

"Mama" I shouted opening my hands for a hug. She got off her phone and stood up to complete the hug. "Hi honey, how are you."

I missed my mom as much as she was close. We both have busy lives and don't have much free time to see each other.

"I'm good mom and you." I asked back. "Better now that I've seen one of my daughters… how's the singing?" She asked " Going well I'm actually going to a meeting in 20, I just came to see how you're doing, I see the business is booming " I told her checking the time on my phone. She smiled "Yes your father and I are excited." she replied. "Oh where is dad anyways?" I asked.

Me and my sister will always be daddy's girls. My dad always put family first. He supported our careers even when he knew there would be a chance we wouldn't make it.

"He went out to get more stock, I'll tell him you dropped by." She informed me " Please do, I would love to stay and wait for him but I'll be late." I replied. "Its fine just go before you are late." After a quick conversation, a few laughs and giggles, we said goodbye.

I got into the car and checked the time. 8:55. Shit. I'm going to be late but at least I'll show up.

***************
John's POV

I sat in the boardroom with Greg waiting for more people to come.
Slowly the room started to fill up with strangers in suits.

"You'll do fine just agree to what they say." Greg said to me. "I can't agree if I don't know what we're even here for." I whispered back. "Relax you'll know soon." and with that the meeting began.