chapter 26

"What do you want? I sternly said as I greeted my teeth.

"Uh you could've started with how are you, it's been some time." He said amusingly through the phone.

"Our friendship isn't the same anymore now is it." I said coldly. I didn't get what he would gain by calling me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He paused, "Look tell me where you are and we'll talk."

"I'm not so stupid" I answered back.

"Wait" was all he said directly before he hanged up.

"Jared.. Jare."

I looked at Ama worriedly. He hung up on me. How many screws did he have loose to call and hung up with what he said.

"What did he say" Amanda looked at me worriedly. I hugged her tightly. I knew if I needed comfort I would find it in her arms.

"I don't know what type of games he's playing, he wanted to know where I was but I didn't tell him and he hung up, I hope he's not planning anything. If he hurts you I swear.."

She interrupted me with a kiss. "Honey I'm not going anywhere. I don't think he'd have the decency to hurt me. He still considers you his best friend doesn't he?"

I looked to my side "I wish he didn't, it would make life better. If he just left us alone." She hugged me tighter.

" I don't know what I would do without you." I whispered in her ear.

"It seems like we keep reading each others minds, I don't know what I'd do myself." She said as she looked me in the eye.

"Have I told you your eyes are the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. For real though, I could look at them all day."

"My cheeks will eventually explode if you keep making me blush like this" she whined while giggling.

"Fine then I guess no compliments for you." Her mouth hung wide open before she gave me her puppy dog eyes that just melted my insides.

"Okay okay fine, even if I tried I don't think I could stop stating all that's good about you, because you drive me crazy." I whispered between her neck before my phone started ringing again.

"What do you want now." I asked frustrated.

"You know its easy to track you down." He paused. "I just need ten minutes, we've been friends for quite some time I think we need to close the book with a proper good bye and an explanation."

I kept quiet thinking.

"Please Joe, just ten minutes, at the parking lot , please."

Amanda nodded to what he said reassuring me to go.

"Fine, ten minutes." I dropped the call as I kissed Amanda lightly "Don't go anywhere, this nightmare might be over after this."

"I'll be waiting." She gave me a faint smile before I left.

I went downstairs to the lobby passing a few friends having a good time, some couples dining, kids playing around. It would be precise if I said our realities are different. But what I would kill to have a normal life.

A small kid was standing by the door. When I came into closer contact with the wooden open. He stopped me.

"Where are you going mister" he said with his sweet baby voice.

"Outside can I pass?" He looked at me and shook his head.

"My mommy says that the dark is not a nice place and that I should play when Mr sun is up." He said so serious with his arm crossed.