Chapter 45

Chapter 45

"Mom, we're home!" I yelled in the big house. 

On our way home, he forgave me. Even though he didn't want to, telling me there was no need for forgiveness, I still made him accept my apology for not believing him. Niall told me to put it all behind us and just forget it, we had bigger things to worry about.

My mother walked in from the living room in a nice evening dress and a purse in her hand. I heard the clicking of her heals as she walked. "Oh, I hoped you two would be out later, I'm going out to dinner with Jill and Ruby," she explained. Jill and Ruby were Emily and Mackenzie's mothers.

"Well, that's nice! You should go out, we'll handle dinner," I said, trying to get her out of the house.

"Ok, well, Aimee is staying the night at a friends house and I sent your father out with his friends to relax and get beers and do whatever men do. Doctor called today and said he opened up!" she cheered.

"Oh my gosh that's great news!" I said excitedly, looking at Niall who was also happy.

"It is indeed!" she said, "Well, I've got to get going. I don't know when he'll be home, so hang in there." She rushed around the house quickly before coming back to the door, "There's an air mattress in your room, Kennedy, that's for Niall. Nothing but a good night kiss, got that?" She was wagging her finger at us.

"No worries Ms. Lester, I wouldn't want you to kick me out," Niall said jokingly. She laughed and headed out to her car. We listened for the engine to start and we heard her drive off. 

"So, we've got the house to ourselves for the rest of the night," I said, looking to Niall who was just standing there, looking hot and buff.

"Yes, we do," he looked over to me looking at him. His crystal blue eyes examined my body as my brown ones looked at him. His face was slightly bruised, but other than that he looked fine. The most damage was probably underneath his shirt. 

Niall's expression got more and more worried as he walked over to me. He placed a hand on my cheek, caressing it softly. It made me flinch. "I'm not going to hurt you," he whispered to me. "Kennedy, there are so many bruises," he said softly, looking at my face and then at my exposed legs. 

Niall pulled me over to the den to sit me down on one of the large chairs. He kissed my cheek, then my forearms. He pushed my shirt up a bit to reveal smaller bruises around my hips, and kissed those too. He put my shirt back down, his eyes meeting mine. My eyes started to water as he kissed the larger bruises along my thighs, kissing each and every one lightly.

"You didn't deserve this," Niall said once he brought his face back to mine, "I won't ever do this to you. You do not need to be afraid around me, I would never hurt you like he did."

My tears were coming more and more with every word he spoke. "I know," I managed to choke out. 

His lips crashed into mine, and he held them there for a while, holding the back of my head. Once he disconnected, he looked me in the eyes, "I love you. I really, truly love you. Don't ever forget that." His eyes started to tear up as well.

"I love you too," I said, nodding my head. Niall took my hand, making me stand with him. He hugged me, lifting me up just a bit so I had to be on my tip-toes. Once his face was inches from mine, he wiped off my tears with his thumb, slowly making them disappear. I smiled, wiping off one of his own fallen tears. He held me like that for a moment more.

"Let's go eat something," he laughed after a moment of silence. I laughed with him, taking his hand as he lead me to the kitchen. He sat me down in a chair at the table and looked in my cabinets. He pulled out pasta, went to the fridge and grabbed more ingredients, and pulled out some pots and pans.