High School Diaries (Chapter 29)~An Old Friend

Laurance's POV

Once Aphmau and Katelyn leave, I start to check on other people in the clinic. 

"H-Help..." Someone mutters.

I walk in the direction of their voice and see someone flailing their arms in the air. She mumbles something, but I can't make out what.

"Kawaii~Chan?" I ask. 

"Laurance~Kun!?" Her ears perk up. 

One has a bit of blood trickling down it, "What happened? Why're you hurt?" I question, concern lacing with my words. 

"Kawaii~Chan was helping Katelyn~Sama and Nicole~Chan when something came and hurt Kawaii~Chan. Katelyn~Sama and Nicole~Chan fought the thing off. It was while Aaron~Kun, Aphmau~Senpai and Laurance~Kun were gone." Kawaii~Chan explains. 

"Kawaii~Chan, I am so sorry.." I apologize.

"No need to be sorry, Laurance~Kun." She replies. 

I get some wrap out of the cabinets and wrap it around Kawaii~Chan's injured ear, "Feel better?" I ask

Kawaii~Chan nods in response, "Thank you." She smiles weakly. 

"No problem." I reply. 

"Laurance... Laurance!" Cadenza screams, running in. 

I whip my head around, "What's wrong?" I ask. 

"Cadenza~Chan, what's wrong?" Kawaii~Chan adds. 

"G-Garroth..." She stutters. 

"What about Garroth...?" I trail off. 

"Garroth~Kun!" Kawaii~Chan cries. 

She points behind us, so Cadenza and I turn in the direction swiftly. Garroth is in his Jury of Nine form. 

"Who did this?" I growl. 

"G-Garte..." Garroth mumbles, then he starts swinging his sword at us. 

"Cadenza, get Kawaii~Chan and the others. Get them and Aaron out of here!" I command. 

"What about you?" She asks. 

"I'll be fine." I state, turning into my Shadow Knight form, "I said go!" I growl. 

Cadenza starts rolling people out of their beds and carries them to another room. 

Someone stands by me, "Aaron?" I question. I look at the bandages on his shoulder, "You can't fight." I state. 

"But I am." He smirks. 

I sigh with annoyance, "GARROTH!" I yell. 

A helmet forms above his head, covering his face and hair completely. 

Garroth charges for us, "Wait for it... Now!" I command. 

Aaron and I jump into action. We both slash one of Garroth's arms, making him unable to move them for the time being. I push him onto the ground, Garroth struggling to get up. A blinding light appears, someone else now between Aaron and I. 

"Aphmau!?" Aaron and I say in sync. 

"What's up?" She asks simply. 

She has wings of an angel and a quartz sword in her hand. White and gold particles radiate around her, her body and hair glowing slightly. She has a white dress on with a slim, gold belt wrapping around her waist, "When you're done admiring me, we can actually do something." Aphmau states. 

I shake my head a bit then focus back on Garroth. He's now up and staring at us, his arms completely healed. 

"APHMAU, DID YOU HEAL HIM!?" Aaron yells. 

"I didn't know he was trying to kill you guys..!" Aphmau snaps. 

"Garte." Garroth mumbles quietly. 

"What about Garte?" I ask. 

"H-He did this..." Garroth falls to the ground. 

Aphmau gasps, "Garroth!" She exclaims, running over to him. 

She drops her sword at his side. Garroth's hand trails down to the sword, "APHMAU, LOOK OUT!" Aaron and I yell in sync. 

She looks at us, but it's too late. Garroth already has her sword and is threatening to slash it at her. Her eyes turn white as snow, a different aura filling the room. Garroth grabs her by the waist and throws her across the room. The sword turns into gold dust, then reappears in Aphmau's palms.

"Stop!" Emmalyn and Kenmur run in, screaming the word 'STOP' over and over again. Aphmau tends to Emmalyn and Kenmur while Aaron and I fight Garroth. 

"AARON, GET OUT OF THERE!" Aphmau calls from outside. 

"She needs you, go." I state. 

"Are you sure?" He asks. 

"Positive." I smile weakly. 

Aaron bolts out the the place, tending to Aphmau. Garroth and I clang our sword together, then colliding with a blood chilling sound. 

"Garroth, this isn't the real you!" I yell, trying to get to him.

While Garroth is distracted by my words, I push him back, him stumbling onto the ground. He turns back into his regular size. I do the same. His skin is more pale, most of the color drained from his hair. His eyes are slightly brighter, the armor from earlier now fitting his body perfectly. 

Garroth groans, "My head.." He complains. The helmet is on the floor, near him. 

I rush to him, "Garroth?" I question. 

"Y-Yes?" He asks. 

He turns back to normal, his skin and hair filled with it's regular color. The helmet from earlier disappears, then he gets up. I get out of my kneeling stance and help him walk, seeing that his leg has a huge gash in it. We walk outside and Aphmau rushes to him. She plants her arm on his wound, then a blinding light fills the air. Once it disappears, Garroth's wound is healed and everyone is back to normal. 

"Is everyone ok?" I ask. 

"Yea.." The others say. 

"Good.."

****

A/N: THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! :) yay!! <3 ~Carleigh