High School Diaries (Chapter 41)~He's Back, But Furious.

Aphmau's POV

Dante looks like he just ran a mile, sweat trickling down his face. He pants, trying to catch his breath. Garroth and I look at each other, completely astonished. 

"I-Is Laurance back?" I ask, turning my head to Dante. 

"I don't know. All I know is that the portal's open. Jeffory and Katelyn are over there now. We should head there before anything rash happens..." Dante informs. 

I nod, both Garroth and I getting up then heading out the door with Dante. We rush along to the portal. Garroth and I accidentally stumble on each other's feet a couple times, but that doesn't stop us. Once we reach the portal, we see a small baby crying. She has a red kitten hoodie on. Her eyes are bright red with a crimson tint to them. She has short brown hair and red cat ears with a tail the same color. 

I look to her left to see Laurance laying there, face first into the ground. He grunt, getting up. Once he sees us, he instantly gets into formation. Katelyn rushes in and grabs the small child. 

"Put her down!" Laurance commands, his voice hoarse and dark. His Shadow Knight form doesn't help either. 

"Leave her out of this." Katelyn replies, sternly. 

She hands the baby to Nicole. She rushes off with the baby, most likely taking it to the nursery. Aaron rushes up to me, hitting me on the shoulder on accident. I whip my head around to see his face. His hands are rested on my shoulder, then he quickly takes them away. I look at Garroth, who's looking at me with a questionable look. Everyone turns their attention to Laurance, refusing to turn into their supernatural form. 

"You left me there to rot! It's been months..." Laurance growls. 

"We didn't leave you! We tried to get you out. I-I never gave up." I say the last sentence more quiet than the others. 

I run up to Laurance, but Jeffory stops me by pulling his sword out. The sword rests on my stomach, then Jeffory gently pulls it away. I step back cautiously, respecting Jeffory's silent warning. We hear Kawaii~Chan squeal in the distance. 

"OH MY IRENE! MARSHAL~SAMA IS SO CUTE, NICOLE~CHAN!" Kawaii~Chan yells. 

Garroth and I chuckle softly, but don't let Laurance see it since some would count it as vulnerability. Laurance scans the crowd of people surrounding him. His vision lands on Cadenza, who's standing behind Katelyn with tears stinging her eyes. Cadenza gently pushes through Katelyn and Jeffory's wall, making her way to Laurance. She puts her hand out, it gently caressing the armor on his arm. 

"I missed you so much." She whimpers, tears now streaming down her face. 

Katelyn and Jeffory leave, trying not to ruin the moment. Aaron leaves to, along with Dante leaving it to just Garroth, Cadenza, Laurance and I. Cadenza hugs Laurance, his armor clanking at the sudden movements. He wraps his arms around her hesitantly, seeming unusually confused with the situation. 

Once she releases, she steps back. Laurance makes eye contact with me. His soft expression hardens into a cold scowl. He pulls his sword out, ready to attack. I hesitantly turn into my angelic form. 

"Laurance, please. Please don't have it be this way." I plead, us circling around each other slowly. 

"You broke my heart. Left me there. I stayed behind because of you and you repaid me by leaving me to rot for 7 months." Laurance growls. 

I can feel his anger radiating off of him, "I-I'm sorry! I tried to get you out of there multiple times, but nothing worked. I couldn't do anything about it... I'm sorry." I apologize. 

Laurance's scowl becomes a soft grin. He drops his sword. I look at him with a questioning expression. He throws my sword by his. Garroth leaves the scene, along with Cadenza. I guess he wanted to get her out of there. It's just us. Laurance turns out of his Shadow Knight form, showing broken eyes. A look of sorrow dwells in them, making them seem broken. His lips are chapped, his hair scraggly and messy. His clothes are tattered, holes in every piece. 

Despite his looks and circumstances, he kisses me. A long needed kiss in his opinion. His lips collide with mine. He then releases, holding my right hand gently. 

"I'm sorry." He apologizes.

He hugs me, "I should be saying that to you." I reply. 

He chuckles softly as we release, "Come on, lets get you back to town. Cadenza will get you all fixed up." I smile, then skip away with Laurance. 

Questions bounce around my head, one burning question needing to be answered more so than the others. 

"Laurance?" I start. 

"Yes?" He replies. 

"Who's the girl you brought along?" I ask.

"Oh, her? Her name is Marshal, but I tend to call her Lil' Marshal. She's just coming out of the baby stage, she's about three now since she was in the Nether with me. Time floats quickly there, so just one day for you would be three days for us. Try being there for a full year, almost. I've helped her grow, she's a good kid." Laurance explains, completely answering my question. 

We get down to Cadenza's workstation, "While you were gone, the town has gotten repaired." I inform. 

"I see..." Laurance trails off. 

We walk into Cadenza's workstation, then she runs up to Laurance immediately. I decide to leave them be. Also because of Cadenza's bickering and blabbering. I make my way back to Garroth, who are now sitting at a bench by the fountain. 

I sit down by him, "Are you ok?" I ask. 

"Of course. I just don't want anything to affect our relationship." Garroth admits. 

"But we're not dating.." I remind. 

"I mean our friendship. I don't want to lose you." He corrects himself. 

He hugs me immediately. I hear him mumble something, but I can't make out what. He already releases before I can say anything. 

"Where is he now?" Garroth asks. 

"With Cadenza. I'd probably leave them be for now." I suggest. 

"You're right." Garroth sighs. He gets up, lending me a hand. I accept his offer. 

Our hands release from each other, "Garroth, why do you hate Garte?" I ask. 

Garroth sighs again, "That's a story for another time." He says. 

Well, I guess it is.