High School Diaries (Chapter 37)~Losing A Friend

Aphmau's POV

Malachi and I glance at each other. Shadow Knights... Levin, Alexis, Abby, all with Shadow Knights... I then look at Laurance, then at Aaron. Aaron and I bolt towards the portal.

"No! Aaron, Aphmau wait!" Laurance calls, chasing us, "You don't know what you're getting yourself into!" He continues.

I turn into my angelic form, particles now radiating around Aaron. He pulls out his purple blade, the tip becoming a darker purple. His dark eyes glow white, to the point where you can see them thru his mask. We're about to jump through the portal when someone grabs the tail of my dress. Aaron jumps in without me.

"LET ME GO!" I growl.

I turn around and Laurance stands there. I pull away, my dress ripping slightly. I jump into the portal and follow Aaron. Once I catch up to him, we're already at the fortress gates. We look behind us and see the trail of deceased Shadow Knights we left behind. We hear cries from Levin. Laurance and Garroth come through the portal. Laurance is in his Shadow Knight form, with Garroth in his Jury Of Nine form. Jeffory and Katelyn then jump through. Katelyn's in her Jury Of Nine form, with Jeffory in his. His is better known as Goldenheart form. Nicole and Dante come through, them not having any magical form.

Lucinda runs in, her staff glowing different shades of white and gold. She has a white dress on, similar to mine, but having more of a Greek style to it. The people who just entered run to us. Laurance pulls me back, me falling onto Jeffory since Laurance threw me back so far.

"Sorry, Jeffory." I apologize, getting up and lending him a hand.

Katelyn looks slightly enraged, but doesn't think anything of it since it was accidental. Jeffory gets up, then we're off. I disobey Laurance and go ahead anyway. I need to save Levin. Jeffory has the same face of determination plastered on his face to get Abby back. Even tho Nicole isn't related to Alexis, she's close to Alexis' sister. Nicole has a determined look on her face to get Alexis. We all step into the fortress. Laurance looks terrified, memories most likely bursting into his head. I put a hand on his shoulder in attempt to comfort him. He looks at me, his eyes big and glossy. I give him a weak smile, then we head up the stairs.

"WAIT! WAAAAAIIIITTT!!" Someone yells I look behind me and see Malachi running to us.

His eyes glow a certain green, a small light radiating off of his skin. He pulls a sword out, it having the same glow. He catches up to Laurance and I.

Laurance twists his hand inside of mine, "What're you doing?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Making sure I don't lose you." Laurance states, then we run off. Malachi catches up to Aaron, the two of them running side by side.

Our group of people split up into pairs, trying to find the kids. Laurance and I walk into the sacrifice and Shadow Knight ceremony room. Shivers run down my spine, Laurance now shaking slightly. His grip on my hand tightens a bit as we walk farther into the room.

A familiar chuckle fills the room, "Sasha." He mumbles.

A figure walks out, it's shadow becoming clear by a torch. The girl has snow white hair with violet purple eyes.

"Show yourself." Laurance growls.

The girl grabs the torch off of the wall and walks towards us, "You can see me, right?" She asks.

Laurance takes his hand out of my grip, his grabbing the sword that was attached to his back.

Sasha rolls her eyes, "Fine, if you want to play it this way... So be it." She turns into her Shadow Knight form.

Her armor is similar to Laurance's yet the red is replaced with purple. Her eyes are a darker shade of purple, her sword violet. They both have scars running down from under their eyes. They both seem to spare no mercy. Sasha directs her hand to me. A purple bubble appears around my body, lifting me into the air.

"Let me go!" I struggle around the small bubble.

She chuckles softly yet maniacally, "Why don't I kill you first?" She brings me down.

Laurance seems enraged, but stays in stance. The bubble pops, me falling onto the ground. I get up quickly, the quartz sword appearing in my hands. My wings extend, them now more visible than earlier. Particles multiply, the amount of them enlarging.

"How about you don't." I smirk.

Sasha and I clash our swords together. Her eyes glow and she starts chanting an ancient spell. I think it's mind control, so I look away before she can put that spell on me. I twist my sword around, hers falling onto the ground. The glow from her eyes disappears, so I look again. Before I can do anything, Laurance has already tackled her to the floor. I scramble over to her loose sword and try to pick it up. Once my hand touches it, a burning sensation fills my arm, it spreading across my body. I flinch away quickly, the sword is scorching hot.

"Don't touch that sword, Aphmau!" Laurance warns.

I look at my palm and it has a huge burn in the middle of it. I whisper a small curse, then get up. I place my other hand on the burnt palm, a light radiating thru the room. Once it dissipates, my palm is completely healed. I raise the sword with magicks and trap it in a bubble, similar to Sasha's, yet different.

"Aphmau, over here!" Malachi exclaims, peeking through the doorway.

I whip my head around, then glance back at Laurance, "Go, I got this." Laurance states.

"Are you sure?" I ask

"Yes.. Just go!" Laurance commands.

I run out, following Malachi out the door. Little did I know, that that was the last time I was going to see Laurance in a very long time...