nineteen

Averi's POV:
I woke up to the four walls of my own room-well, my room in Camila's house.
How did I get here? The last thing I remember is getting into the car.
I slide out from under the warm comforter and walk towards the living room area, where the five girls I had grown to love were sprawled out on the ground.
Laughing at their positions, I decided to take a picture.
@AveriJauregui: Well, you can say that they had a hectic night...😂
As usual, my account was blown up with likes and comments...I tried to focus on the positive comments and it worked-semi-worked.
I logged out of Instagram and opened my Twitter application.
@AveriJauregui: Hey guys! Everyone is asleep,lol, so i'm gonna do a follow spree! Hashtag to #ASJfollow and i will follow some!
Instantly, the hashtag went wild, and I found myself enjoying looking at the punny and clever tweets that some fans had made, rewarding them with a follow and watching them freak out.
I never understood why they would freak out so badly-it's not like I was anyone special, like the girls; i was just Lauren's daughter.
Soon, my eyes got tired, and I decided to slowly close the follow spree, until one tweet caught my eye and tears immediately sprung to my eyes.
I slowly slid off the couch and ran to my bathroom, locking the door and grabbing my only friend, at times like these.
*Skipping this part*
I flushed down the last piece of toilet paper that had any evidence on it, and triple-checked the area, before walking out with new scars and a empty stomach.
Peering out into the living room, I saw that the rest of the girls hadn't gotten up yet, so I decided to take another nap. I jumped into my bed and pulled my comforter up to my chin, falling into an immediate sleep.
Lauren's POV:
I woke up, suffocating. I quickly pushed the thing, or who off of my air ways and jumped up.
"Lo, go back to bed," I heard Camila grumble then shuffle, before falling back asleep.
I rolled my eyes at her antics, and grabbed my phone that was lying on the couch above me.
My eyes widened when I saw the time.
"Guys, wake it. It's almost 2 in the afternoon!" I told my bandmates, but none of them budged.
Groaning, I got up to go check on Averi.
"Mornin' or well, Afternoon, Babygirl," I chuckled, walking into my daughter's room.
"Aves, wake up. How about you and I go and get breakfast?" I softly shook her shoulder, but my stubborn child wouldn't budge.
"Averi, baby, it's late in the afternoon. Let's go do something,"I turned my daughter over onto her back, prepared to tickle her, when I was met with a horrifying shock.
"GUYS!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, while shaking Averi.
"CALL 911!" I shouted at the girls and immediately, all four came rushing into the room.
"Oh my god," Ally covered her mouth with trembling hands.
Normani immediately whipped out her phone and dialed the ambulance, while Camila stayed frozen in shock, Dinah shaking her.
Averi's face had lost every ounce of color it had and her eyes were rolled back, her lips turning a very light shade of purple.
"Laur, they're coming. Dinah and I are going to go show them which room to come to," Normani interrupted my trail of thought, before she and Dinah raced off to escort the paramedics.
The next few minutes were a complete blur. The paramedics came and placed Averi onto the gurney, rushing her to the ambulance, us five right behind them.
I rode in the ambulance and when we got to the hospital, were escorted to a private waiting room.
"H-how did this happen?" I whispered, breaking the silence since we had arrived here, fifteen minutes ago.
"Laur, it's not your fault," Ally's upper-lip trembled.
"But, maybe if I was awake earlier, I could've noticed," I cried, but Dinah shook her head.
"Lauren, you heard the doctor. She's been unconscious for a few hours now and it was bound to happen," Dinah told me and I sighed before leaning back.
We stayed silent for a few more minutes until a doctor walked in, wearing scrubs and holding a clipboard.
"Parent of Averi, um, Geejihur?" He asked and I raised my arm, standing up. If it was under any other condition, I would've laughed at his pathetic pronunciation, but right now, all I wanted to see was how my little girl was doing.
"Well, Miss, uh Lauren, Averi will be fine. However, she was diagnosed with a disorder called Kwashiorkor. Now, it's not detrimental, but it is a malfunction. It is also called 'protein malfunction.' It's most commonly seen in children whose diets are low in protein and calories, so I have to ask, does Averi eat a protein infused diet mostly?" He asked and I nodded my head, trying to piece all the information he had given us in a matter of seconds together.
"Kwashiorkor is not life threatening, nor permanent, and in a few months, with a protein-rich diet, will go away on its own. However, the cause of her unconsciousness, is something more serious. By the tests, Averi hadn't gotten a proper meal in what seems like nearly three weeks. Her stomache was empty with nearly no sign of any nutrition," He told us and I stared at him, questions bubbling one after another.
"Now, this leads to another hypothesis. Does Averi, by chance, have an eating disorder, such as Bulimia or Anorexia-Nervosa?" He asked and I looked at the other girls who were also looking at him in shock.
"No. Well, I don't think so. She eats her food, mostly. I don't know," I told him, my voice cracking towards the end, before I slid back into the hospital chair.
From the corner of my eye, I saw Camila get up to continue to talk to him.
They talked for what seemed like hours before he handed her some brochures and walked away.
"Lo?" I heard her whisper, before gently placing her hand on my shoulder.
"Sorry," I told her, tears falling down my eyes. I was such a disappointment as a mother.
"No you're not a disappointment. You're an amazing mother," Camila told me and I realized that I had said that out loud.
"You are under a lot, and that's understandable. He told me that we should ask her about her eating, and keep her under close eye for the next few days. He told me somethings to look out for and gave me some handouts that explain more," She passed me the colorful brochures that had the titles of various eating disorders on them.
"He also said that she's free to go home when she wakes up and that he'll send some Iron-Deficiency pills to the pharmacy for us to pick up," Camila finished and I thanked her before getting up, the rest of the girls following in suit.
We walked through the empty hospital hallways until we reached her room, 727.
I took a deep breath and pushed open the door, to see my little ten year old, on the hospital bed.
"Oh my god," I whispered and felt Dinah rub my back, gently.
She looked so little and thin on the hospital bed, which brought me back to the doctor's consensus.
I pulled a chair from the side of the room to beside her bed and sat there, rubbing her arm, along with the other girls on the couches, until she woke up.
Finally, about an hour later, I felt movement from the bed, and looked to see the emerald orbs I loved the most.
"Baby, you scared me so fucking bad. Never do that again," I cried before pulling her into a much needed hug, in which she happily accepted.
"AJ! You scared us, dude. I'm glad you're okay!" Dinah kissed her forehead after we separated, as I continuously wiped the tears that were streaming down my face.
"Baby, that was so frightening," Normani told the younger girl and Averi looked down before Normani placed two fingers under her chin, forcing the two to regain eye contact.
"Honey, I'm not mad. I'm just so happy you're here and alright," She said before hugging Averi, in which, she once again, gladly reciprocated.
Once everyone talked to her, I brought her attention from a joke Camila was telling to me, again.
"Mama, do you know what eating disorders are?" I softly asked her and she nodded her head slightly.
I took a deep breath and looked up to Ally who was nodding, encouraging me to continue.
"Well, sometimes people cause others to do things and those things cam lead to serious things, like eating disorders, such as Anorexia and Bulimia," I told her and she just looked at me.
"What are you trying to ask, Mom?"She asked me, in a quiet voice.
"I need you to be honest, baby. I'm nor mad. We're trying to help you. We love you so much. Do you have an eating disorder?" I asked my child, and her entire body froze, her hand stiffening in mine.
-
Hallo guys! I updated yesterday and today, i'm on a roll lol!
Should Averi tell Lauren?
Comment please!
Also, please check out my one shot "Goodbye" I would highly appreciate it. I love you all.