•••

and the day that it was hawaiian-themed dress:

me: *is wearing a lei*

him (as i walk up to our desks): "hey honolulu."

***********

him: "i'll just take the answer from you."

me: "well, please don't yell at me if i'm wrong."

him (joking): "i wont, i'll just blame it on you; i'll say 'well i got it wrong because katherine is a fucking retard.' it's a win/win situation."

***********

me: *scavenges through my binder to find a homework paper*

him (joking): "you're such a mess. that's not organized, like everything else in your life. you unorganized fuck, you disgust me."

(i never take his insults seriously because he's always joking, and i usually just end up giggling.)

**********

we acted out a scene from a midsummer night's dream, and he was the fairy king. i almost volunteered to act, but i knew that my teacher would make me be titania, the fairy queen.

no one wanted to act except like, 5 boys and some doubled up on parts; this meant that one of the boys played titania.

i'll try to make this context short and sweet:

titania was under a spell and fell in love with an ass (a donkey, not a butt, come on guys). But she was released from her spell and Oberon wanted to dance with her, so he requests music and dances with her while kinda proclaiming his love

so, he was really into the acting, because he's quite good, and at one point, he asks to hold titania's hand before dancing with her, and he grabs the other boy's hand and twirls him around and actually tries to get him to dance.

i thought it was funny but i also wondered what would have happened had i volunteered.

would he have done the same? probably, he likes acting.

but i would have turned bright red and felt the butterflies fluttering

a lot.