6

"Hey! Just because you finished your plate doesn't mean you get to eat mine!" Harry groaned, hiding his plate with his large hands.

"I'm still hungry!" I pouted. Our relationship was getting better. We were more comfortable by now.

"Not my problem." He looked away. I pouted again and crossed my arms, making sure he sees it. He chuckled and threw away his plate, "You can't eat anymore anyway. We still have the popcorn."

"Please let it be caramel!" I widened my eyes. He blinked multiple of times then cracked a smile.

"Of course it's caramel." He laughed and I clapped my hands happily, "Come on now." He marched across the TV area and I followed him.

"What do you wanna start out with?" He held the two CDs in the air. I motioned for The Fault in Our Stars and he nodded.

The movie was great. I already watched it twice with Xavier and every time I watch it, I cry again. Xavier usually starts laughing at how sensitive I am but Harry reacted differently, he actually started crying with me.

"We're a mess!" I laughed, throwing the bowl of popcorn on the table. He chuckled back throwing his head backwards.

"I know." He turned off the television, "What time is it?"

"It's twelve now." I told him and smiled.

"Wow. We just spent five hours together." He whispered, "I haven't spent this much time with one person since..." He stopped. I took the opportunity to place my hand over his.

"You can tell me Harry. I won't judge and I won't go around telling your secret either. I just want you to open up to me."

He stared at my hand for a while and I felt awkward so I removed it.

"She died." He let out a breath, "She had an accident. It was hard to accept the idea that she's gone and I still do miss her a lot but eventually, I had to move on. For my daughter's sake and mine. I tried to forget about her, to stop loving her and maybe to find another girl to share my life with. Barely did I know the affect she had on me."

"It happened around a year ago," He relaxed back on the couch and I stared at him, "People wouldn't leave us alone. We had too many enemies and they all wanted to separate us. They couldn't and that is what annoyed them the most. So, they referred to the one thing that can separate a good couple from each other forever..."

He looked at me faintly, "Death." He spilled, "They killed her." His voice shivered.

"How?" I whispered softly.

"They kidnapped my wife, Valerie and my father. They made this scheme; they spilled gasoline on the floor and burned the place down. However, they gave me the opportunity to save two of them. I chose my wife and my father. When I rescued her, she hurried to rescue Valerie and the-"

His eyes turned glossy so he wiped the tears threatening to fall.
"The fire was close so she threw Valerie away and the fire burned her." He managed to say.

I can tell by the look in his eyes and his voice, the deep pain he's going through. He's attached to his wife and losing her was probably the worst experience of his life.

"How long were you together?"

"Almost two years. I know two years aren't so much but trust me, we've been through hell together and the love we shared was tested so many damn times. We were never able to walk away from one other."

When he was done I felt my vision blurry as well, "No wonder you're distant from everyone."

"You can't blame me. I don't usually tell anyone this story but you are just-" He stared deeply into my eyes, "There's something about you."