24

"He said Carter may be alive." His words revolved in my head like a drug. I felt heavy for a second and threatened to fall. His hands gripped mine roughly, rubbing in circles.

"You watched her die Harry." I reminded him.

"I know! I know!" He said quickly, "Dave said he saw Xavier yesterday and he asked him about Carter. He just shrugged and walked away."

"It doesn't mean she's alive."

"Why would he fucking shrug? He saw her die too."

"I do- don't know." I muttered.

"I need to see that piece of shit." Harry stood up heading for the window.

"Is this the same Xavier we're talking about?"

"Your fiance is the same person that killed my wife. Get that into your head already." He snapped.

"How does yours look like?"

"Grey eyes, short hair, muscular body... He has no tattoos at all."

I got up and snapped my phone from the counter searching for Xavier's picture. I found one when he was cooking in the kitchen with his face and body fully turned towards me.

"Is this him?" I asked Harry, handing him my phone.

"Yeah! That little prick knows how to cook?"

"Yeah he taught me." I scrolled for another picture.

"This?" I said showing him another one.

"Yep him." He said again. I kept on scrolling and scrolling.

"Gabriella stop." He snapped my phone away from me, "It's him. Stop trying to convince yourself the otherwise."

I sat down placing my hands over my forehead. How could Xavier do this? Just then, I heard my phone ringing. Harry looked at the screen with a smirk on his face.

"Son of a bitch." He whispered but I already heard him. I stood up and snapped the phone back.

"Hey." I breathed.

"Hey baby how you doin'?" Xavier asked. Harry motioned to turn on speaker and I shook my head refusing.

"Alright. And you?" I asked, pushing Harry away so he wouldn't speak.

"Turn that mother fucking phone on speaker or I'll scream." Harry whispered, threatening me with a frown covering his face.

I widened my eyes as I shook my head again.

"Yeah I'm alright dear. Where are you? At the hotel?"

"Um yeah." I shushed Harry. He moved beside me and placed his ear over the phone.

"Great." He beamed.

"Why is it great?" I questioned, nervous.

"Open the door." He said out of the blue.

"What?" Harry and I said at the same time.

"I have a surprise for you." And by that, the line went dead and so did we.

"LEAVE NOW!" I whispered.

He ran around the place for a few seconds then hid in the walking closet. The door knocked and I hurried to open it as I felt my face flush with worry.

My heart rate started to slow down as I took a breath before opening the door.

"Baby!" Xavier shouted happily throwing his hands in the air. He squeezed my body against his and entered the room with a big box in his hand.