30

-Edward

"You have to eat something," I tried to convince her. It's been a day since Harry left and ever since, Gabriella has been in bed waiting for the day he arrives.

"I don't want to, please let me sleep Ed." She places a pillow over her face.

"You've been sleeping for two days!"

"I don't fucking care! Just leave." She shouted at me then went back under the blanket.

I exited her room and went off to return the tray of food to the kitchen just in time when the door knocks.
I open it slowly to glance Hailey standing there.

I was quick in wrapping my arms around her waist as she burried her head in my shoulder, "Thank you so much for coming."

"It's nothing," She smiled sheepishly pulling away from me. We walked together to the living room and sat down in comfortable silence.

"How's she doing?" Hailey asked after a while.

"Alright, I guess," I breathed, "I really hope Harry comes back."

"Do you think Carter is still alive?" Her eyes widened with hope.

"Doubt it," I sighed, "I mean, of course I hope she's still alive too but, it's been a year."

"Yeah I get it," She sighed with exhaustion.

"How's your... Boyfriend." I asked slowly as I watched her features change.

"We're okay, trying to understand one another as time goes by."

"No one can ever understand you like I do, you know that." My hand met her arm, rubbing softly yet carefully. She let out a breath in response.

"No one can ever love you as much as I do." I whispered.

"Ed, please don't start. I don't need this right now! I'm trying to build a relationship with Chris."

"Dump him! I already told you Hailey, just dump him and I'm all yours." I moved my body towards her.

"What about Amelia? And Jace? I can't wreck your family."

"It was never a family, Hailey. Amelia and I never get along. Ever since I confessed my love for you... I haven't touched her. I haven't slept with her or complimented her in any way! I love you, Hailey. I've been in love with you for over a year and a half now and it's driving me crazy! After our first kiss, I couldn't get you off my mind. I can't spend a day without hearing your voice and you know It!"

"But you broke my heart, Ed!" She cried. I held her hands close to my heart and kissed them repeatedly.

"I'm sorry! I'm so fucking sorry. I was a huge dick to you but I promise, I will never hurt you ever again, even if my life depends on it."

She relaxed a bit as our eyes locked. The pain behind her eyes was relevant and I cannot believe what I had put her through this past year. Even if I didn't mean to.

I stopped talking to her for like four months after Jace was born.
I had sex with Amelia in front of her.
I used her to fulfill my desires.
I asked her to be my sex-partner.

"I love you so much Hailey." I kissed her tears followed by a peck on her soft swollen lips.

"I love you too, Edward." She kissed me back. I held her in my arms for what seemed like eternity and right after, we were awaken to the real world.

"I'll divorce Amelia as soon as possible, I promise you." I kissed her temple and she nodded.

"What are you gonna do with Jace?" She asked.