28

I don't know who did this but he's a genius >>>>

Gabriella

I saw Harry walk out of the tree house slowly and calmly. His vision stuck to the ground with pale face and trembling hands. His eyes weren't visible to me and all I could wish for is to see them for some assurance. After checking his hands, I was sure he had killed him. They were filthy from all the blood and agony he passed through inside. I could tell how confused and lost he is for killing his ex-bestfriend.

Holding my hands, I walked to him with nothing but my dirty attire. His eyes met my shoes but he didn't bother look at me, "Harry, baby." I held his face in my hands, "Look at me." I begged.

He ignored my request and never looked once so I stepped closer to him, "Harry-"

"He said Carter is still alive." His eyes never leaving the ground.

My hands left his face unconsciously and it felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife repeatedly. With tears brimming my eyes, I was able to look away from the broken man in front of me. I can only imagine what he's feeling right now. The way his lips were trembling as soon as those words left his mouth was clear to show how scared he is from the truth.

His eyes met mine and barely could I speak after that. His eyes spoke yet screamed instead. They were the deepest shade of green. The blank, emotionless expression swept over his face as the realization of the moment gradually seeped in. The fear seemed to rise behind his eyes. Like a caged animal, he stood there. Paralyzed by the tragic feeling of isolation, he closed his eyes and gazed into fields of nothingness. He didnt say anything. He didn't need to, one look in his eyes told me everything. It was like he was speaking his thoughts and emotions aloud.

Sniffling, I moved towards Edward who was wearing a soft expression.
"What's going on Gabriella?" His eyes searched mine.

"Xavier told Harry tha-that Carter is still alive."

Edward looked back and forth between Harry and I. Harry standing afar, his eyes were still locked to the ground,"What the-"

"I know," I said, interrupting him, "Can you take me home please?"

"Of course," he breathed,"I'll go tell Amelia and Harry. Give me a second."
I nodded, my eyes never leaving Harry as he stood immobile. His eyes focused on Amelia as she handed him Val. He instantly hugged her and kissed her showing his extreme affectionate towards his beloved daughter. Edward whispered something to them then looked back at me. Harry's lips formed in a thin line as he snuggled Valerie.

"Okay let's get going." Edward surprised me by saying. He held my hand and within seconds we flashed out of the place.

We reappeared at my front door. Opening the door with my key, I was able to move slowly into the apartment. Today, was a heck of a day and I don't know if Harry and I could ever get back to how we used to be. Holding myself from collapsing, I entered my room as I heard the front door close.

"Hey, you okay?" Edward questioned, sitting next to me on the bed.

"I'll be okay, I guess, I'm just lost Ed." I looked at him, "What happens now?"

"I have no damn idea Gabie." He said honestly, "I never thought Carter could be alive. I mean, this changes everything! You know? Harry and Carter have been through so much! So much for anyone to handle and their love is infinite. Trust me, I know. I was Carter's childhood friend. I never thought she could love someone so much. She sacrificed everything for him and he did too. Whenever they decide on moving on... they find their way back! They even got separated for-"