15

"She fell asleep as soon as I placed her in the crib." I told Harry as I sat next to him on the bench outside.

"Thank you for today. Val needed someone to be there for her through it."

"Val is like my own daughter-" I told him and his eyes met mine, "I love her."

He placed his arm around me and I leaned into him. We both breathed as we watched the stars and moon up in the sky.

He turned to me and pecked my lips.
"Thank you for being her mother."

"It's my pleasure." I kissed his cheek.

He held my hand and rubbed it as he gazed at it.
"What is that?" He asked, motioning for the faded tattoo on my finger.

"That is just something from my past." I breathed, "It's a name."

He held my finger to examine the name just when the glass door swung open. Edward came out and sat next to us, "I'm bored as hell. Can we go out somewhere?"

"We're staying in tonight. Go out with your wife." Harry laughed at him and I did too.

"Yeah sure." He rolled his eyes and stood up, "Guys, you need to hear me on this." He said out of the blue.

We both turned and faced him, Harry's hand placed on my thigh.
"Don't prevent yourselves from falling in love because it's damn obvious how much you like each other. Give each other a chance and try it out because even when you're trying to be friends," He pointed at us, "You can't keep your hands to yourselves."

Any by that he left.
I gazed at Harry in embarrassment and his cheeks were already flushed.
"What do you think?" I asked him.

He gulped, "I don't know. I really like you but- Carter."

I pulled away from him and crossed my hands like a child.
"What happened to you?"

"If you've noticed, we've never been friends Harry. We cuddle, kiss, make out and hug passionately. We even sleep next to each other! We're already acting like a couple."

He leaned in and pecked my lips again smoothly.
"I can never get enough of you. I love it when you get mad." His nose brushed against mine as we both shut our eyes.

"I want you." I kissed him back, "Only you Harry."

"Don't leave me." He said back and this time, I smiled as we kissed. I'm so glad he was able to express his feelings.

"I won't." I hugged him and he squeezed my body against his. Just then, the voices came again... "Carter..."

"Carter..." I heard Harry say. I opened my eyes to find him staring into mine.

"That's the name." I told him.

"What name?" He moved away.

"The voices... They call for Carter!" I exclaim, "I remember now. The voices call for Carter and after that I faint."

"Why would they call for her?"

"I don't know." I bite my lip. I can tell he thinks I'm crazy or something.

He looked away and let out a breath, "I don't get anything anymore. Why would the voice inside your head call for my wife?"

I shrugged not knowing what to say.
"Maybe it's not your wife. Any one else could be named Carter."

"Anyone else could be named Carter. Anyone else could be named Xavier. Can't you tell? Destiny has brought us together for a purpose."

I gazed at him, speechless. Maybe he is right, maybe we are together for a reason.