10

Two Days Later

I arrived home at about seven. I was exhausted from all the work I have done. Opening the door, I fell on the couch dramatically. Then I realized that I haven't called Xavier ever since he left which is almost fifteen days ago.

Groaning, I stood up to get my phone just when I notice a text from Harry.

"Can I come over? I have something to tell you... "

I replied back with an okay and within a few minutes he was knocking on my door.

"What's up?" I welcomed him in.

"I asked the rehabilitation center that you were in about you."

"And?" I asked as I sat down next to him.

"There's no one named Gabriella."

"What?" my eyebrows furrowed.

"What if your fiance is lying to you? How did you know that your real name is Gabriella if you have amnesia?"

"He said he saw my ID but it got ruined somehow, " I shrugged.

"And you believe that?" he laughed, "There's obviously something wrong, my dear"

"I trust him Harry. I don't doubt anything he says."

"And what made you trust him?"

"He was the only one there. The only one who stood by me and- I love him." I stuttered. He turned towards me and stared at me.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Maybe they don't remember me. That's probably it."

He looked as if he couldn't comprehend what I was saying.
"You need to ask about this. You never know what he could-"

"Harry stop. Just because you doubt him doesn't mean I'm skeptical towards anything he has told me. I believe him and I will not ask about it because I'm sure that he would never lie to me."

"You're too innocent Gabriella. You know nothing about the world. I had a best friend once and he was like my own brother. I trusted him with my life. You know what he did? Kidnapped my wife and fucking killed her." He spat.

He stood up and walked around the room playing with his hair. I don't know whether to believe harry or not. I trust Xavier and I don't want anything to break or threaten our relationship.

"Just because that happened with you doesn't mean it's going to happen with me. As easy as that." I challenged him.

"Suit yourself but when you're lost and don't have a fucking clue about your past don't come running to me for help."

"I thought you were my friend Harry!" I yelled once he stepped towards the front door leaving.

"I am your friend and I'm trying to help you but you aren't allowing me to."

"You can help me all you want but do not suspect my fiance."

He huffed and left the apartment any way.

************

The next day I went back to work, as usual, and Janie welcomed me with a hug. We made up like nothing had happened and she apologized like twenty times for being self-centered.

She also told me that Xavier called again and I missed it. I noticed some missed calls on my cell phone too but I haven't had the time to call back.

Just when I was about to head to my office I notice Harry standing by my door, wearing nothing but his casual black outfit, he caught me staring and walked towards me.