40

Harry

Feeding Valerie, I placed her in the crib and laid on the bed. Today was so exhausting! I thought everything was going to be okay but things turned out harder than I thought. It's so complicated... Everything is.

Walking to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and noticed some leftovers from a week ago. I threw them away and ordered Chinese.

Damn was I craving... Maybe I'm pregnant too.

I laughed at the thought and my mind drifted to Gabriella. She must be confused why I treated her like that a few hours ago.

Ignoring the thought for now, I took a shower then checked on Valerie to find her asleep with an empty bottle in her hand. Smiling, I took away the bottle and covered her with a blanket.

I changed into red shorts and black shirt then brushed my hair backwards. The rain was pouring on the windows just like in the morning and I smiled again as I remembered what happened.

Gabriella was awake yet her eyes were closed. I felt her breathing change and I knew she was awake. She opened her eyes and I closed mine. She stood up, looking at the rain then joined me in the bed again, nuzzling into my neck.

I felt her smile then soon, she was asleep again. She seemed so angelic and peaceful while sleeping. Just like Carter, she moved a lot in her sleep.

I heard a soft knock on the door and I hurried to grab some money. It should be the delivery guy. The door swung open and I saw Gabriella in her blue shorts and a black shirt with her hair pulled into a ponytail.

Absolutely breathtaking.

"Hey," I muttered, placing away my wallet.

"Expecting someone?" She went inside and I closed the door.

"Yeah, I ordered food."

"Oh," She looked around the place.

"Are you searching for anything?" I asked casually.

"No, why are you tense?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'm tense? You're being skeptical."

"Depends. Is there anything I should be skeptical about?" She said rudely, placing her hand over her hip.

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

She moved to the bedroom and I followed her. Opening the door, she searched around the room then looked at Val. She turned to me, "Is there anyone here with you?"

"Excuse me?" I shouted, "Are you out of your fucking mind Gabriella?"

"I'm asking a question." She looked away.

"I don't cheat." I whispered. My voice refused to back me up. I was in fact devastated she would think so lowly of me.

"I never accused you of cheating, Harry." She defend herself.

"Then what do you mean?" I shouted at her. She deserved it.

She looked at the ground then back at me, her eyes filling with tears, "I'm sorry, I really am. It's just-"

"Come here." I opened my arms for her. She pressed her head against my chest and sobbed, "What's going on with you?"

"You were so mean today. I thought you're tired of me or something."

"I would never be tired of you. I was just mad because, Um well," I let out a breath, "You remember everything, Gabriella, your mother and brother. But you don't remember me."