36

Harry

"I- I can't believe what you're saying."

"It's true baby, it's all true." I kissed her knuckles.

"I'm - Carter?" She looked at herself.

"Try to remember. The day we met at that dorm. The day I proposed to you. The day you had Valerie and when you first held her."

She shut her eyes as if she was able to see the past, "Y-You chose me and your father."

"Yes, that's true baby." I smiled, tears filling my eyes again, "Remember."

"You proposed to me on my birthday." She said, looking at the ground.

"Yes baby," I can't believe I'm finally getting Carter back.

That's when her eyes shut completely and before I know it, she collapses on the floor. I jumped out of the tub, pulling a robe around my body, "Gabriella! Gabriella!" I shouted.

She went unconscious.
I held her bridal style and carried her out of the bathroom where Amelia sat.

"What happened?" She ran towards us.

"She fainted. I'm taking her to the hospital. Stay here with Ed."

She nodded. I hurried to changed my clothes then flashed out of the place with Gabriella in my hands. I appeared just next to the hospital. Carrying her, I entered, calling for the doctors immediately.

"Place her here!" one nurse said. I placed her on the wheelchair following the nurse.

"You can't come in." Another nurse said.

"But she's my wife!" I shouted.

"I'll give you the news as soon as we find out what's wrong." She said and shut the curtains.

I move around the place for what seems like a lifetime. Bitting my lip, my eyes danced to every corner. It soon became too much; I started pacing rapidly, my breathing and heartbeat beginning to speed and fill my ears.

I found myself chewing my nails, but forced myself to keep my hand down from my mouth. It didn't quite work, as I found himself chewing again a bare minute later, and a cold sweat had broken out between my shoulder blades.

After an hour or so, the same nurse exited the room and looked at me. I gazed at her with hope that Gabriella is alright.

"You're wife is okay," She informs me making my heart beat again, "But there's something..."

"What?" I worried.

"Congratulations," She smiled, "She's pregnant."

I shook my head in disbelief gazing afar. Gabriella is pregnant... She's pregnant.

"What did her doctor say?" I asked the nurse once I was pulled out of the trance.

"He's in there," She pointed at the white door at the end of the hall, "You can go ask her whatever you want."

I nodded and moved my way to her room. I knocked twice then opened the door to find Sandra.

"Harry! I was about to tell the nurse to call you for me."

"How's she doing?" I questioned quickly.

"Tell me everything that happened first." She sat down and I did too as I started explaining to her how I told Gabriella about her past and that I was her husband all along.

"That explains it," She takes a deep breath, "Her brain has gone into shock mode. It's unable to comprehend what happened or what has been heard, that's why she fainted but don't worry, Gabriella is a strong girl and she'll be okay."