Chapter Twenty-Four: Family

"Ross!" You yell for him to come out of the room.

"Yeah?" He says walking out and stopping in his tracks when he sees them.

"Hello, Ross." Mollee says smiling.

"What do you guys want?" Ross asks.

"Well, Garrett informed me about you two and told me that he needed my help. You know how much I hate your mother, don't you (insert your name)?" Your dad says.

"Yes cause my mom took me when you two got divorced." You say.

"Yes, so this is my chance to get you back. I have Garrett and Mollee to get me bad publicity of you two so I can take you back home with me." Your dad says smirking at his plan.

"Well, guess what? I'm 19, a legal adult, so I get the choice of going or staying." You say smiling.

"Well maybe I'm not giving you a choice." He says taking a step closer to you.

You see that your in trouble so you casually reach your hand into your pocket to dial 911. You hit the correct numbers and you quickly put it up to your ear telling the police what's going on. Your dad lunges at you but Ross tackles him before he gets to you. Ross pins down your dad and Mollee and Garrett leave knowing the police is coming. In a few minutes, the police comes and arrest your dad for blackmailing and violating his restraining order your mom put against him. You fall onto the couch and stare at the ceiling.

"You ok?" Ross asks.

"Just in shock. Why can't I have a normal family?" You say staring blankly.

"You have me isn't that enough?" Ross says smiling.

"Yes you're right. Lets go over to your house cause we only have like four hours now." You say standing up.

Ross tosses you your keys and you two head out the door. You walk out the front door and turn around taking in the moment that you realize that you won't see this house again for another six months.

"You ready?" Ross asks.

"Yeah I'm just going to miss this place." You say looking at Ross.

"You'll see it again. I promise." He says grabbing your hand.

You smile at him and walk to your car. You look back slowly to your house and get in your car pulling out of the driveway, not looking back as you drive away. TO BE CONTINUED.