Chapter Forty-Seven: Performance

Ross's voice sounds just as good as before but at the end of the chorus, he is like panting.
"Gosh that was tiring." Ross says sitting down.
"Ross, you can't perform tonight. You're gonna get more hurt if you do." Riker says.
"No I need too. Or else, Rocky, you'll have to sing lead." Ross says.
"I can't sing lead, have Riker do it." Rocky says.
"Um ill pass. How bout Rydel?" Riker says.
"Stop it. You guys are acting like three year olds. Maia, can't you sing?" Stormie asks.
"Yeah I guess. I could help out the band but I can't sing lead." Maia says.
"Before my name gets thrown out there, I can't sing so I'm out." Nicolette says.
"Laura, you can sing?! I've heard you, you're amazing." Ross says.
"Um I have stage fright so ill pass." Laura says laying against Ryland.
You totally forgot about that relationship and you're glad that they got together. Everyone turns towards you and you have sung to them like once hopefully they don't remember.
"(Insert your name), you can sing. Please it's our last hope." Ross says looking at you.
"Ok fine." You say cause you can't say no to him.
"Good lets go practice. Ross you can still play guitar." Riker says grabbing your arm.
*At Rehearsal*
"Ok, you sing the choruses, and these lines." Ross says handing you a lyrics sheet.
"I don't know if I'm ready for this." You tell him.
"You're gonna do great. The fans will love you. And I'll be on stage with you." Ross says kissing you.
"Ok I can do this." You tell him smiling.
About two hours into rehearsals, you've got all the songs down and memorized. The show starts in an hour so you go get change and go to hair and makeup. Ross comes in when your getting your hair done.
"Ready?" He asks.
"Sure. Just nervous." You say smiling slightly.
"Just look at me if you get nervous. You'll be fine." He says smiling.
You kiss him and stand up grabbing his hand.
"Let's go." You tell him.
You can hear the crowd chanting and screaming from backstage and your palms are sweating. Rydel gives you a reassuring look and you smile back at her. You hear your cue and walk out on stage with the rest of the band. Ross grabs the mic right when we get out there.
"First off, I won't be singing tonight cause if you haven't heard. Two nights ago I was shot in the chest and I'm not allowed to. So I'm sorry but I will playing the guitar. In my place will be my loving fiancé, (insert your name). She is amazing like no joke." Ross says smiling at you.
You take the mic and the music starts to play. About half way through the set, Ross seems to be getting dizzy. You take him backstage and sit him down.
"Ross, are you alright?" The paramedic asks him.
"No my chest like burns. And I can't see straight." Ross says in pain.
"You're just in pain but just in case ill take you to a doctor close by to make sure it's nothing severe." The paramedic says while calling for a stretcher.
"I'm going with him." You say aloud.
"No stay and finish the performance. The fans deserve a whole performance. Please stay. Ill be alright." Ross says right before they wheel him away.
You almost start to cry but you know Ross is right. You go back out on stage and finish the whole performance. You hurry off stage and then you realize you have the signing. You sit slumped in your chair next to Rydel who is holding your hand under the table trying to calm you. The signing lasts for another hour so it's been three hours since Ross left. The last person leaves and you jump up.
"I'm going right now. See ya." You say running to your car.
You have trouble putting the key in but you finally manage it. You pull out of your spot and speed down the street. You're about half a mile away from the doctors office when Ross texts you.
"Hey it was nothing. I'm at the hotel so just meet me there." From Ross.
You smile down at the text when realize that you're still driving. When you look up, you're in the other lane and a truck is coming straight at you. You swerve around it but you swerve right into another oncoming car. Your face smacks into the air bag and that's the last thing you remember. TO BE CONTINUED.