Chapter Fifty-Six: Truth or Lie

You hear the girls shouting and giggling behind you but Luke's body blocks them from your vision.

"Luke, get off of me!" You say through your teeth.

"You enjoy it. Don't lie." He says smirking.

You shove him off and storm out of the cabin. Tears run down your cheeks and you run until you know your far enough away. You fall down onto the sand and look up at the sky looking at the stars. A cold breeze from the ocean makes you shiver.

"Need a coat?" A familiar voice says.

You look back and see Riker standing over you.

"Yes please." You say wiping away the tears.

He sits down next to you and hands over his coat.

"So what are you doing out here...alone?" He asks.

"Had an issue at my party." You say quietly, "Why are you out here?" You ask.

"Same problem. But I'm looking for Ross. He ran out when the strippers arrive, I think he knew one." He says.

"That's exactly what happened to me. Was the girl's name, Julia?" You ask concerned.

"Yeah but Ross shoved her off." He says smiling.

You laugh at the similarity and kiss Riker's cheek.

"I love having you as a big brother." You say smiling.

"Glad too here. Now lets go find Ross." He says standing up and helping you.

You wander the beach for about an hour but can't find him. You text him and he says to meet you on the south end of the beach...alone. You tell Riker to go home and you'll be there soon. You walk until you see a person standing with his hands in his pocket.

"Ross?" You say.

The man turns and faces you.

"Yes?" Ross responds.

You run up to him and wrap your arms around his neck, but he doesn't react.

"Ross, what's wrong? You ask him.

"Nothing. I promise." He says not making eye contact with you.

"Yes there is. Now tell me." You say.

"I'm fine!" He says in a harsh tone.

"What's gotten into you?" You say releasing him.

"Nothing. I'll be at home." He says and turns around.

"No Ross look at me." You say and spinning him around.

He looks at you and his eyes are puffy.

"What happened?" You ask in shock.

"Nothing just rubbed my eyes to many times." He says looking away.

"Something's changed. I know it and I will find out." You say walking away.

You go home and go straight to bed. You can't go asleep cause you know something has happened to Ross and he's lying. The next morning you walk into your kitchen and see you have multiple messages from Ross.

"I'm sorry" "I was just mad last night" "Everything's fine" the texts go on and on.

"Come to my house today." You reply to him.

"Okay be there in ten." He says.

You fix your hair and wait. Ten minutes, twenty, thirty, time keeps passing and no show. You text him, no response. Something is seriously wrong. You text Riker and he says he left over an hour ago. Ross is really being weird but he's not telling you anything. You start to get worried and even a little bit mad. You go back to bed pissed and fall asleep. You wake up to pounding on your door around seven in the afternoon. You see it's raining outside so you go open it. Ross is standing there panting and covered in bruises.

"What happened?" You ask pulling him inside.

He automatically shuts the door and locks it.

"Ross!?" You say.

He is still shaking and can't talk.

"Baby, talk to me. What happened?" You ask again.

He opens his mouth but collapse onto the floor going into a panic attack. TO BE CONTINUED.