Chapter Twenty-Six: Plane Ride

"The girl was named Julia Furnesno. I met her one night at one of my release parties and we kinda hit it off. We spent every second with each other and she begged me to take her on tour with me so I did. About half way through, we started fighting about everything and the romance fell through. So that's what happened but it won't happen again, I promise." He says looking at you.

"Ross, have you been engaged before?" You ask looking at your phone.

"Why are you asking?" Ross says.

"Cause this magazine article reads that you proposed to Julia right before you went on tour but then you backed out of the wedding. Ross, you're doing the same thing with me." You say furiously.

"No I'm not. Julia was a fluke, I was young. Remember I was only 16, I was stupid and immature. Please I'm telling the truth." Ross pleads.

"I don't know. I think I need some alone time." You say getting up and moving to the back of the plane.

Rydel comes and sits by you.

"Hey, almost sister-in-law." Rydel says.

"Hey..." You say all sad.

"What's the matter and why aren't you sitting with Ross?" She asks you.

"Oh I just found out that he was engaged before me and he backed out of the wedding." You tell her.

"Oh yeah, Julia, none of us liked her but Ross did so we were forced to like her. And Ross didn't back out of the wedding, Stormie made him because she thought he was too young and rushing things. She told Ross if they dated another year then they could get married." Rydel says.

"Really? So do you think Ross really cares about me?" You ask looking up to the front of the plane to see Ross leaning against the window.

"You kidding me right? Ross would risk his own life for you, any of us would. You need to start trusting Ross like he trusts you." Rydel says leaving to go sit by Maia and Rocky.

Rydel is right. You need to start trusting Ross more and believe in what he says. You text him and tell him to come by you in the back so you two can talk in private. He slowly gets up and comes back there.

"I'm sorry Ross. I should trust and believe you more. Rydel told me the whole story and I guess I just-" you begin to say when Ross grabs your hand and kisses you gently.

"I know. I know you just don't want to get your heart broken any more. I promise that will never happen" Ross says reassuring you.

You smile at him and you lay your head on his shoulder.

"Only 16 more hours until our new lives begin." You say cuddling up against Ross.

"16 hours until our new, better lives begin." Ross says kissing your nose.

You blush at the touch and fall asleep in Ross's arms. TO BE CONTINUED.