Chapter Forty-Eight: Pain

You wake up in pain and on a hard bed. A steady beeping fills your ear and you get really annoyed by it. Your eyes are shut and you don't have the strength to open them. You hear a girls voice off in the distance and you try to make out the words.

"She...paralyze...waist down." The girl asks.

"We...know...yet." A mans voice replies.

Another voice comes into play but it seems like the person is right next to you.

"Please wake up baby. Please?" His voice is sweet and comforts you.

"I'm awake." You say barely above a whisper.

"(Insert your name), you're awake!" He says with so much excitement.

You try and open your eyes but it feels like gravity is ten times heavier than before.

"Who are you?" You ask cause you can't see.

"Ross. Open your eyes." He says in such a caring voice.

"I can't." You say quickly.

You feel his breathing get closer to you and his lips brush past your ears making the beeping go faster.

"Try now." He whispers sexily against your ear making your heart race.

Your eyes jump open at the comment and you see the blonde god looking down at you.

"Ross?" You ask.

"Yes, babe, it's me." He says smiling.

"Who are you?" You ask seriously.

"What? You don't remember me." His face goes into shock.

"Gotcha! Hey hottie." You say smiling.

"That was mean." He says leaning down to kiss you.

You kiss him gently but it shoots pain throughout your body.

"What happened?" You ask him.

"You got in a car accident. Everyone's here waiting for you." Ross tells you.

"How long have I've been out?" You ask.

"For three days." He says looking down.

"Three days!?!" You basically jump out of bed but the pain returns making you lay back down.

"Yeah, and you might be paralyzed from the waist down because the car hit you straight on making it crush your legs." He says still looking down.

"Paralyzed? No no no." You say feeling the tears start to form.

"Yes but it'll be alright. I promise. Ill be here no matter what." He says kissing your forehead.

"Ross, we need to do test on her please go back to your rest of your family." The doctor says.

"Yes, sir. Ill leave. I love you, baby." He says leaving the room.

"Hello, doctor." You say.

"Hello. How are you feeling?" He asks taking a seat.

"In pain. A lot of pain." You say groaning.

"The medicine should kick in. But can you move your toes?" He asks.

You wiggle your toes under the covers.

"Yes I can." You tell him.

"Does it hurt?" He asks writing stuff down.

"No not at all." You say.

"How bout your ankles?" He asks.

You freely move your ankles around and you nod your head yes.

"Well good news. You're not paralyzed and I don't think your legs are broken either. I think you just have a severe concussion and some whiplash." The doctor says closing his binder.

"Thank god. When can I leave then?" You ask anxiously.

"In about 6 hours." He says leaving.

A woman comes into the room but you don't recognize her right away.

"Oh my gosh. My baby." She shrieks when she sees you.

"Hi?" You ask puzzled.

"It's me baby girl. It's your mom." She tells you.

"Mom! Why are you here?" You ask.

"My daughter got in a car accident you don't think that I wouldn't go see her." She says.

"Yeah sorry. How's everything?" You ask trying to make conversation.

"Okay I guess. More importantly you're coming home with me." She says taking a seat.

"What? No I'm staying here. I have a wedding in two weeks." You say panicking.

"Well you blew your chance. You almost died, um I've seen the media, I've seen everything. Your coming home end of discussion." She says smirking.

"You can't make me." You tell her smirking back.

"Are we five year olds again? I'm your mother and someone agrees with me." She says smiling.

"Who would agree with you?" You ask.

"Ross please come here." She says in a louder voice.

Ross appears through the doors with a glum look on his face.

"Ross?" You ask.

"I'm sorry but she's right. I can't protect you here and it's safer for you to go back to Florida. I can't risk losing you again." Ross says frowning.

"Ross, ill be more careful. I promise. Please let me stay with you." You beg him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry but you leave tonight. You're bags are already packed. I'm sorry but this whole thing was my fault. Ill be home before you know it." He says kissing you one last time then leaving.

Tears fall from your cheeks and your mom tries to comfort you but you push her away.

"I hate you!! You've ruined my life." You yell at her.

"It's for your own good. I promise it is. Now go back to bed, you're weak." She tells you.

"I can't believe this. This can't be happening." You try to convince yourself.

"I'm sorry honey. But it is." Your mom says then leaves. TO BE CONTINUED.