Prologue

"It is finished. Take her and be done with it," the Reclaimer said before removing his mask and all the excess medical kits. As soon as the words leave his mouth, all the living souls around him seems to snap from a dream and begin to move. He sighed before taking one last glimpse of her. She looked so small, hurt and alone; surrounded by tubes and machines. Her thin body sways with each shallow breath she took.

His hand reaches to stroked one soot covered cheek, involuntary. How one answer leads right to where there are now. Gone forever that girl with naive eyes, never to return. He can no longer sure what to expect, nor did he wants to find out. Whoever soul peeks from behind these closed eyes, it'll never know he even existed.

He shook his head before letting his hand fall. Taking a few steps back, he leaned on the wall not too far away. As he watched, three strangers approached her. He didn't know them or seem to care. His focus stayed with the girl.

Slowly, they begin to whisper among themselves before preparing to move the medical bed where she lay. Taking with them the only light among shadows. The one thing in his life he'll never acknowledge, even if the faith of the entire species hangs on it. His finest masterpiece. His greatest mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for giving this book a chance. I would love to hear your feedback, so feel free to comments.

If you like this book, please do vote and add it to your library. Thanks again and read on!

Video : Paramore - Monster