Chapter 28. Used Jar

~Arden~

Arden gaped at what looks like a big clear glass tube hanging from the ceiling. He's seen some bizarre things in his short life, but this is a different scale altogether. He keep a mental eye at the rest of his merry little group as he step further into the freezing bunker. Very carefully, he approached the said tube and peek inside. It looks empty; the tube was clearly being used but decommission now. He takes a little step back and glanced around, noticing several unfamiliar instruments.

They stick close together as they move deeper. With each step he became more and more anxious. The others felt the same too, he noticed. Maneuvering through the cold mist, he noted the various cables littering the space. Arden step on one, half testing it as he takes the lead position. It hold all his weight with little to nothing effort; it doesn't even emits any sound whosoever. It looks clean too. So, this place must be abandoned not too long ago.

The group split as each one of them inspects different things. Arden ciecled back towards the tube and cleared a thin ice crystal from it. What this tube is here for? He couldn't get over the feeling that whatever it is, it's not something nice. It's official. This whole thing will drive him crazy faster than a nonstop crying child ever could. There was no doubt about it.

"What do you think this is?" Alex finally said as he hovers around.

"Hm. Maybe these tubes were used in some kind of cryogenics experiment?" Camille asked unsure.

"Not quite, sis, here," Carlo points at the tube panels. "It looks like a life support controller. This is a more advanced version than the ones we usually used in cryogenics."

Camille shivers. "I in no hurry to know exactly happen here."

"I want to know." Carlo shrugged. "This place gives me the creeps though."

"This is bullshit!" Arden winced at the anger in Laith tone. It seems her patience finally runs out. "Dammit all, I don't have time to hang around here and deal with more mystery one after another."

Arden lifted a brow as he watched as her tightly balled fist and wonder if she's going to hit something with it. Somebody face maybe? It's better for all of them to steer clear for now.

"Calm down, Wolf. I have an idea." Carlo approached her from opposite direction.

She snarled at Carlo and he back off. Damn, the always calm Reclaimer was getting mad. "I don't have time to--"

Bang! A loud sound suddenly heard. Arden instinctively ducked before palming his own gun. He then scan the plane until it rest on one girl.

"No need to panic. It's just me." Camille smile as she holstered her gun.

"What do you think you're doing?" Laith looked back and forth between the girl and a hole her gun made. "Did you just shot this tube? Do you have any idea what you've done?"

There was definite alarm in her voice now. Arden could practically feel her sense of dread increasing. Did she know more than she let on?

"And you do?" Arden narrowed his eyes at the startled expression on her face, which gone a second later.

Alex came and leaned on the shot tube side as he gave her a side glance. "Judging from your expression, you do know something."

"Just spit it out already, Wolf." Carlo whistle as he tentatively poked at the bullet hole his sister just made.

"I'm not sure." She said defensively. "This place just reminds me of some silly rumor, that's all."

"Let us judge that." Arden stared at her sternly. "What silly rumor?"