Chapter 32. Tag

Unedited.

~Arden~

He notes the individuals around him as he open the car door. For some strange reason, it seems that this diner was chosen as their meeting point. Maybe some of them were worried that somebody going to listen in. Or maybe they just hungry. Who cares? Arden sighed. At least they arrived without additional incident.

Arden stepped forward as the car door locked behind him, the state of the art security system he added sliding smoothly into place. The rest of the gang stepped from their vehicle mutinously, following him in silence, full of some kind tense feeling. Well, it's not like he can blame them. The hot warning they received had heighten a sense of urgency. They need to do something. 

They entered the warm a brightly lit diner. The diner was quite. There are only five of them and one other customer. Some of his strained muscles eased, but did little to ease the premonition that had filled him for the last couple of days. As silent as possible, they pick the corner table and settle in. Putting orders on the attach panel, they sit in silence. Arden watched as the server-bot delivered their orders before it move away.

Arden finally cleared his throat. "So, let's begin. Get any idea how we're going to move forward?"

"Nope. I almost got fired," Carlo answered. "Not to mention, my ears still bleed after being lectured at HQ. I'm quitting."

Arden turned his attention towards Camille. "I guess you got a different idea," he addressed her.

Camille shrugged. "We already come this far. Better see it to the end," she firmly state.

"Sis, you know that curiosity kill a cat." Carlo sighed." It also killed every other nosy living being."

"Shush." Camille glared at her brother. "My joker slash ass brother aside, he does get some good points. The next move will be our last chance to get it right."

"To get what right?" Alex impatiently adds. "We didn't even sure where we stands now."

"We do." Laith finally joins in. "Remember the tube from that hole? I made a request to the guys from our lab and the results are in."

"About time something gone right." Arden lips curve around the edges.

"It's a cultivation tube," Camille state grimly.

"Like the ones they use to make and grow that kind of stuff?"

"Stuff? Really?" Carlo snickered. "Yes, we used these tubes to host organs and other rentable merchandises."

"But, it's equipped with something more. Something none of us ever seen before." Laith raised her hand to stop any question before she continues, "That's all we have at this point. The lab will inform us if they got anything new."

"Great. Let's fiddle our fingers and wait for them," Arden suggest.

"Yeah. Let's do that," Laith mock him. "Not a chance. We're going to follow our other lead, Ranbax."

Arden shook his head. "And how do you suggest we do that?"

"By taking the hard approach." Laith tapped the table once. "We confront them."

Alex frowned. "We didn't even have a way to know for sure if they really are involved. I mean, think about it. Renters are Ranbax main source of income. Why bother kidnapping any of them when they can send you guys? It sure is not good for business."

"Point taken. But remember, the whole point of Reclaimers existence is to facilitate a more balance relationship between a company like Ranbax and the renters," Camille adds. "We don't work exclusively for them. Our service goes both ways."