CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE

Amarion

The waves softly kissed the shore, each time expressing a love greater than before. The soft breeze capered and swirled everywhere to spread the love story of the beautiful sea and the golden sand. Wherever the gaze travelled, there were just messages of love.

I wrapped my arms around Amour's waist and kissed on her cheek. She rested her back against my torso. The pleasant smell of the beach couldn't attract me more than the floral scent from Amour. Even with the infinite beauty ahead of me, all I saw and knew was her. Nothing else mattered.

She stared at the water silently. I knew how much she loved it. And she hadn't expected that at all.

"Amarion, I am speechless. How did you know?" she asked and I giggled as I placed a kiss on her neck.

"I told you I know more about you than you think" I replied and she hummed.

"I love you" she whispered and I listened to those magical words with my eyes closed. It felt as if the moment had paused and her words echoed like lyrics with the music of the sea playing in the background. It was a three word song that lasted an eternity.

"I love you" I replied as I embraced her tighter and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"I didn't realise we were coming here" she said.

"Because I brought you here from a shortcut. An old road" I replied while looking at her but her gaze was focused on the waves.

"What's with you and old roads?" she chuckled and I smiled.

"Maybe because they led me to you" I said and she shifted her gaze to me.

There was something soft and blissful in her eyes, an emotion I couldn't describe.

Without another word, she pressed her lips on mine and gently kissed me just like the sea kissed the shore. I moved my mouth in synchronisation softly. Each passing second made our kiss and love seem greater than that of the waves and shore.

She pulled away as she ended the kiss but I knew we both wanted more.

"Capture the moment" she said and I beamed as I pulled my cellphone out of my pocket.

After taking a few pictures, I took Amour inside the house. It wasn't very big but it was beautiful and something she would adore.

"Wow" she gasped as she looked around.

"Did you rent this?" she asked and I nodded.

"Amarion, you didn't have to spend so much money" she started speaking but I placed my palm on her mouth.

"Don't worry. Just enjoy. I want to make it the best day we ever had" I replied honestly and she nodded adorably. I kissed her forehead and moved my palm from her mouth. She smiled shyly.

I held her hand and took her to the bedroom. I made her stand in front of the mirror. She kept giving me confused looks. I blindfolded her with my handkerchief.

"Are you trying to murder me again?" she asked and chuckled.

"How can I kill you when you have already taken my life away?" I replied and that beautiful shy smile of her appeared on her face. I stared at her pink lips, they seemed as if they were made for smiling, smiling for me.

I pulled the box out of my pocket and carefully removed the gift I had bought for her. I gently placed it around her neck and hooked it.

"Amarion" she whispered as she realised what I had bought for her. I removed the blindfold and she gazed at herself in the mirror. Her outfit was complete now. The silver chain perfectly streamed down her fragile collarbone and the locket with the artificial ruby juxtaposed with her creamy skin as if made for it. I placed my chin on her shoulder and wrapped my arms around her waist. She moved her slender fingers on the locket while smiling.