Chapter 17

Katniss POV

"Katniss! Peeta is here for you!" Prim yells to me from downstairs

We have been dating for a week now and he is the sweetest boyfriend ever. He does everything for me which gets annoying at times but can also be helpful.

Tonight he is taking me somewhere which is a surprise, or so he says. He should know by now that I hate surprises.

"I'm coming!" I yell back as I finish giving myself a look over in the mirror.

I'm just wearing a sunset orange dress with some white flats. Also I curled my hair and I'm wearing a white headband.

I walk downstairs slowly not to trip and fall like my clumsy self. Peeta is wearing a black tuxedo. He has his hair nicely combed to one side.

"Don't you look handsome." I compliment making my way to the door and giving him a hug.

"Thank you! You look beautiful." He compliments back.

I smile.

"Well let's get going! Bye Mrs.Everdeen!" Peeta says to my mom as he walks me outside and to his car, opening the car door for me like a gentleman.

Out of all the stuff I put him through, he is always a sweet little gentleman towards me. My friends are right, I will never deserve this boy.

"Thank you Peeta!" I say smiling like a crazy person

Once I get in he goes around to his side of the car and gets in. We start going and now we have been driving for awhile.

"Peeeeta!" I whine

He laughs "What?"

"How long until we get there!" I whine once again

"We are almost there. In just a couple more turns." He takes a pause "Then a couple more turns. Then of course the last turn."

I groan "Peeeeta!"

"Kaaaatnisss!" He says coping me

I laugh.

Peeta makes me the happiest person on earth.

Soon enough we park in front of a really nice restaurant.

"Peeta you didn't have to do this! The place looks really expensive!"

"What are you talking about we are going to that place." He says pointing to the shack next door

My jaw drops.

"I'm kidding!" He says laughing

I groan "Shut up!"

"Your face is what made it so funny!"

I playfully hit his shoulder.

Then we walk inside to this beautiful place. Their are chandeliers on the ceiling and everyone here is wearing really nice clothing. Which makes me feel slightly awkward in my dress and flats.

We walk over to the lady at the desk.

"Table for 2?" She asks

"Actually I have a reservation."

My eyes widen.

He did all of this for me. Am I really that special?

"Name please?" She asks

"Mellark." He says smiling

I'll have the date be the next chapter. Good? Bad? Comment ideas! Thanks for all the reads!