Chapter 20

Katniss POV

(At school)

"Did you hear about the new student coming?" Annie asks me as we walk down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"No. Is it a girl or boy?"

"It's a boy but that's all I know. Besides that he is supposed to be coming during lunch, so any minute."

"And why did you feel the need to tell me this?" I say laughing

"I thought you might want to know."

Once we get into the cafeteria we walk over to our table. I sit in the middle with Peeta on one side and Annie on the other. Finnick Gale, and Johanna are across from me. While glimmer is off doing her own thing. We don't see her that much at lunch anymore but nobody knows why.

"Did you guys hear about the new student?" Annie asks once again, but this time to our whole table.

I groan "Annie shut up about that!"

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Finnick comments

I roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I say getting up and walking out of the cafeteria. Just trying to leave the table since they have been on my nerves all day.

Just as I'm walking I bump into someone causing all of his stuff to drop.

"I'm so sorry, I've been so out of it today." I say bending down and helping him grab all, of his belongings.

It's only until I come back up to give him his things that I recognize who it is.

"Jack!" I wrap my arms around him giving him a giant hug.

"Katniss, how have you been?" He asks me

"Pretty good. When did you get here?" I ask wondering if he has been here all along and I've never noticed him.

"Just now, I'm actually new here."

That's the new student. My long time no see best friend.

I give him another hug and then we talk for the rest of lunch.

More info about Jack in the next chapter. Short chapter sorry!