Chapter 12

Katniss POV

(Middle of the night)

"Ahhhhh!" I wake up screaming. Sweat dripping down my face. My breathing is sped up and I'm struggling to relax.

Another nightmare about my dad. I saw him die when I was younger. I couldn't do anything to stop it. This haunts me ever since.

"Katniss! Are you okay?" Peeta say worriedly running into my run and over to the bed.

"Yeah it was just a nightmare." I say sitting up and trying to catch my breath.

"It's okay. I get them too." He say softly still not taking his eyes away from me.

"What are yours about?" I ask him after awhile.

"My mom." He says looking down.

I've never heard him scream about his nightmares, and it makes me feel bad I wake him up every time with mine.

"Mines about my dad." I say quietly also

"I remember you talking to me about him when you were little." He says softly coming over and sitting next to me on the bed.

"He was a great man. I wish he could've lived longer. To see Prim grow up." I say 

"And to see you grow up." Peeta adds

"I wish your mom never beat you." I say referring to the nightmares he gets because of what his mother did to him.

"Me either. But that's the past." Peeta says. Being positive, like he always is.

"How are you so positive?" I ask him truthfully

"Well you see Katniss, I believe that everything happens for a reason." He says sweetly

"What about my mom getting in a car crash? And having to get stitches, and a cast." I ask him wondering how he thinks this.

"I think something good will come out of it." Peeta says not taking a look away from me.

"What about my nightmares?" I ask him still curious about all of his thinking.

"I think something good will come out of that too." Peeta says confidently

I don't understand any of his thinking. My nightmares aren't causing any good. All I'm doing is waking up Peeta.

"I'm sorry for waking you up." I say remembering how this conversation started.

"It's okay." Peeta says nicely

"It's really not. I never hear you, when you have a nightmare. But when I have one I'm pretty sure the whole house hears me." I say sadly

"It's fine! I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that hears you. Since we are right next door to each other." He says softly rubbing my back

I lay my head on his shoulder and drift off to sleep. A peaceful sleep.

Another short little chapter because I love writing! Everlark is starting!