Chapter 2 - Faye Lenards POV

"Thanks for the ride, mom." I opened the passenger door, stepped out, and adjusted my black leather jacket.

"Have a great day at school, Faye," my mom said.

"Thanks, mom." I closed the door behind me.

I walked through the school parking lot and made my way into the school. A couple of kids moved out of my way. They had nervous faces. A small smile played on my lips.

I walked down the hallway down to my locker. I put in my combination, opened it, and took out a notebook and pencil.

Just as I was about to close my locker, my body jolted towards it. I had been pushed. I didn't know if it was accidental or on purpose.

"What the..."

I saw a kid turn back. He was chasing after another kid but stopped and walked back in my direction.

"Faye, I-I'm so sorry." He took a few steps forward.

It was clear that it was an accident, but I was still mad. That really hurt my shoulder.

"Don't," I spoke. "Turn around and keep walking."

He nodded his head and did as he was told.

"Are you alright?" I heard a deep voice behind me.

I turned around and looked up. It was Paxton.

He was wearing black jeans and a burgundy flannel. He had the sleeves rolled up half way to his elbows and had his hands in his pockets.

"What?"

"Are you alright?" he repeated the question.

"Yeah," I responded.

I closed my locker door and walked away but not before giving one last glance at Paxton.

Needing to get to my trigonometry class, I walked down the hallway.

I walked in. The teacher was sitting behind his desk. He was grading some papers, from what I could tell. I took my assigned seat on the right of the classroom and waited for class to start.

When the bell rang, most of the class was already seated.

"Alright, class, take out something to take notes on. Today, we will learn about..."

Great. More note taking. In all honesty, it didn't really bother me but I preferred to work on math problems. They helped me better understand the subject. But if we need to take notes, then so be it.

I opened my notebook and wrote down the title the teacher had put up on the board. I began copying down the examples from the board.

Eventually, after note taking, the teacher assigned us homework. I stood from my seat and walked over to a book shelf to get the book I needed to start. I headed back to my seat, opened the book to the correct section, and started on my work.

The bell rang after a slow fifty eight minutes. I closed the book and my notebook, stood from my seat, and put the book away. I hurried out of the classroom, along with the other students.

I had just made my way over to my locker and put my notebook away when the atmosphere in the hall changed.

"Faye," I heard an oh-so-familiar voice. Too familiar for my liking.

Annoyed, I closed my locker and turned around. "What do you want, Abigail?"

She stood a few feet away. Her best friend, Cynthia, stood behind her.