Chapter 16 - Faye Lenards

"What movie are we watching?" I asked.

"Your choosing."

"Even a 'chick flick?'"

"If that's what you wanna see."

"Alright. Let's watch A Ray in Your Eyes." I turned to look at him. He was still looking at the screen that read the showtimes.

"Alright." He turned to look at me and smiled.

I didn't think he would agree that quickly. I thought maybe he'd propose a different movie.

I studied his face. His smile didn't fade one bit. He was serious about watching the movie.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. If you wanna watch it, then we'll watch it. Whatever makes you happy."

I smiled at his comment. The small comment made my insides warm and happy.

We walked up to the ticket booth. Paxton bought two tickets. He didn't want me to help pay.

"Do you want anything? Popcorn, candy, anything to drink?" he asked when we stepped inside the theater.

"Just something to drink."

We walked over to the counter and stood in line.

"How may I help you today?" the guy behind the counter asked.

"What type of drink?" Paxton asked.

"Medium raspberry iced tea."

"Anything else?"

"I'm fine."

"Alright, may I get a medium raspberry iced tea, a medium coke, a large bucket of popcorn, and Starburst candy."

"Will that be all?"

"Yeah."

Paxton paid. Again, not letting me cover the bill. The worker handed us the food. Paxton handed me the cold raspberry drink. He carried his drink, popcorn, and candy in both his arms.

"Need a little help there?" I chuckled.

He had a boyish grin. "Please?" He handed me his drink.

I carried both our drinks, and we walked to our screening room. It was a bit packed. I followed Paxton to a few empty seats in the far back. We walked up the steps. Paxton walked first. He stood before the empty seat and let me walk past him to the empty seat on his right. I sat down, and so did he. I put my drink in the cup holder to my right and handed him his drink.

"Popcorn?" Paxton held the bucket in his hands. He moved it closer towards me.

"I'm fine."

"Come on, Faye, everybody likes popcorn." He nudged my arm a bit with his elbow.

"Alright." I grabbed some popcorn in my hand. I turned my attention towards the screen. "The movie's starting."

Paxton continued to eat some of the popcorn. I could hear him munching it down. Every now and then, he would offer me some. I would politely decline, unless I actually wanted some.

I continued to watch the movie. The certain part that was playing before my eyes was truly heartbreaking. I had no idea this movie would be so sad. It was a romance movie, and it was supposed to have a bit of humor. I didn't expect to be sad. Damn, this movie was getting to me. My vision became a bit blurry, and my cheeks became a bit moist.

"Faye." Paxton cleared his throat.

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and face.

"Are you okay?" He leaned a bit closer.