Chapter 28 - Faye Lenards

"Paxton, let's go to the movies later. Yeah?" I asked him, since it was now Friday.

"Sorry, I cant. I actually have to do something. I, uh, have to help my mom with something later on," he answered.

"Alright."

We didn't say anything else.

Shortly after, we were walking up the stairs to my front door.

"I'll talk to you later?"

He nodded his head and reached down to kiss me.

"I'll see you later."

He was already walking down the steps.

I walked inside and went upstairs to my bedroom. I put away a few things and tidied up a bit. Grabbing a new book to read, I laid down on my bed.

After a while, I grabbed my phone and pressed the call button.

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked.

"Nothing. Why? You wanna hang?"

"Read my mind."

"Alright. I'll pick you up in ten minutes. Bye."

We both hung up.

I waited and waited.

I laid my back on my bed and tossed my phone in the air multiple times. I kept catching it and throwing it back up. Time after time. Until I failed to catch it, and it landed on the bridge of my nose.

"Ow," I groaned.

I received a text message. Oliver texted me letting me know he was already outside.

I grabbed a jacket, my phone, keys, and bag.

I headed downstairs and out the door, walking down the steps to get inside Oliver's car.

"Hey," he spoke.

"Hey."

"Where do you want to go eat?"

"Hamburgers."

"In-N-Out it is." He turned on the engine and drove.

Soon after, Oliver found a parking space, and we walked inside. We ordered and sat in an empty booth across from each other.

"So where's your boyfriend?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "He said he had to help his mom do something."

"That's all he said?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Isn't it a little weird?"

"How?"

"What guy actually helps his mom do stuff?"

"Are you trying to say that he lied to me?"

"I wasn't trying to say that."

"Then what were you trying to say?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing. Just forget it."

We heard our number get called and Oliver went to receive our food.

"So are you still talking to Andrea?" I asked, looking up at him before he sat down.

He nodded his head, placing the trays on the table.

"And?"

"And we're still talking." He took a bite of his burger.

"That's all?"

"Yeah."

I shrugged my shoulders, seeing that it was obvious that he didn't want to continue on the subject.

"So what are we doing this weekend?"

"This weekend? Aren't you hanging out with Paxton?"

"He's going out of town."

"Well, I was going to hang out with Aaron and Joel. You're welcome to come with."

"I don't know. I'll think about it later and text you."

He nodded his head.

We continued to eat our food.

After we finished, Oliver got up to throw away our trash and head to the restroom, while I waited patiently for him to return.

"Excuse me," I heard.

There was a guy with dark-brunette hair and light-brown eyes standing beside the table.

"Yeah?"

"I noticed you earlier, when I walked in. I was hoping that guy you were with wasn't your boyfriend."

"That was my cousin."

He smiled. "Can I get your number?"

"Oh...sorry, but no."

His smile faded. "I'm not good enough or good looking enough?"

He was serious, but there was a way he said it. Like he had been rejected many times before. I felt bad.

"It's not that. I actually have a boyfriend. It wouldn't be right of me to give it to you," I explained.

He nodded his head. "Alright. Thanks for your time."

He walked away.

"What was that about?" Oly walked back.

"He asked for my number." I stood from the seat, grabbing my bag and swinging it on my shoulder.

We headed out of the restaurant and out to his car.

"Did you give it to him?"

"No. I have a boyfriend."

"I was just asking." He unlocked his car and we got in.

He pulled out of the parking lot, and I turned on the radio.

"Do you want me to take you home or do you want to go anywhere else?"

"I wanted to go to the movies and watch that new superhero movie."

"What time is it?"

I checked my phone.

"Barely nine."

"Alright, let's go."

Oliver found a parking space, and we got down. We got in line and waited.

Luckily for us, there was a showing for nine thirty. We bought two tickets and headed inside. We headed to the screening room on our ticket and found a couple of seats. It was pretty packed, since it was a Friday night. I sat there, beside Oliver, watching the movie. It was action packed and overall amazing. I was glad I watched it.

After the movie, Oliver drove me home. I walked up the stairs to my bedroom, took off my shoes and stripped myself of my clothes. I put on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, grabbed a book, and laid on my bed.

It was already close to midnight, and I hadn't received a call from Paxton.

There was the buzz sound of my phone. Sitting up, I noticed that it was a text message from an unknown number. I opened the text message, seeing that it was actually a photo sent to me.

I looked at the photo. It was a photo of...

I gasped, eyes tearing up, and dropped my phone, letting it land on the bed.