Chapter 22 - Faye Lenards

I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called out.

Paxton stepped inside my bedroom. "Hey, Hon," he spoke.

He wore black jeans and a white T-shirt.

"Hey."

I stood from my desk chair and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him, while he kissed the top of my head. I buried my face in his chest, embracing his usual scent. He always smelled like the cologne he wore. He smelled like he just stepped out of the shower. A fresh scent.

"Faye," I heard.

I pulled away from Paxton and walked out of my bedroom. I walked down the hall to my moms room and walked in. She was putting on her high heels.

"Mom, did you call me?"

"Yes." She stood from her bed. "Your father and I are going out. We'll be home later. Paxton is welcome to stay but you both need to behave." She gave me a stern look.

I nodded my head then walked out of her bedroom and back to my room. Paxton was standing by my desk.

"Faye, we're heading out already." My dad stood by the door.

I nodded my head.

"Paxton," he addressed him.

"Sir." Paxton walked over to him and shook his hand.

"We'll be home later." He turned to me.

"Drive safe."

He walked away. I could hear his footsteps, along with my mothers, retreat down the stairs.

"You can sit down." I motioned to my bed, as I sat in my desk chair.

"You're dad is a bit unsettling. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit scared yesterday." He sat on my bed, tossing his phone up in the air.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. He's intimidating."

I chuckled at his response. "He's not that bad."

"So what did your parents say about me yesterday?" He caught his phone and his eyes focused on me.

"My mom said you were nice. My dad didn't really say much. He just said you seemed alright."

"At least he didn't say he hated me."

"He won't hate you."

"Whatever you say," he mumbled.

I focused my attention on some of the homework on my desk.

"Faye," he called.

I turned my attention to him again.

"You look beautiful, by the way."

I smiled. "Thanks. So do you."

"Thanks. I've always wanted to be beautiful." He laughed.

I got up from the chair, walked over to him, and stood in front of him.

"You're very handsome." I ran my fingers through his hair.

He wrapped his arms around me. "You know you're eyes are so beautiful, right?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Really. I don't know, but they seem really familiar. They always seem to remind me of something."

"Of what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't know."

"You're so random," I chuckled.

"I'd like to think I'm rather astonishing." He smiled.

I smiled. I reached over to his lips and kissed him.

He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist and deepened the kiss. He was now the one in control, but I didn't mind one bit.

We pulled away, short of breath. He smiled. His eyes were a vibrant shade of green.

"Come on."

"Where?" he asked.

"Downstairs to watch a movie."

"Alright." He took my hand in his and stood up.

Paxton and I walked downstairs. He sat on the couch, while I walked into the kitchen to make some popcorn.

When the popcorn was ready, I walked back into the living room.

"What movie are we watching?" I sat down beside him, placing my legs over his lap.

"Horrible Bosses."

"Awesome movie." I passed him the bowl of popcorn.

The movie soon started, and we focused our attention on the screen.

I had seen this movie a dozen times before, but it never failed to make me laugh. Bateman, Day, and Sudeikis were a hilarious trio. Honestly, the producers knew what they were doing when they hired the actors. Bateman was so serious in the movie, but to me, he was the funniest one, with his witty comments.

After the movie ended, Paxton and I walked outside.

"It's a beautiful night," he spoke, as we walked down the sidewalk.

I looked up at the sky above. The stars were shining bright. The moon was also full and big.

"Race you to the light pole? First one to touch it wins." I let go of his hand and pointed to street lamp ahead.

"Sure." He pulled up his pants a bit.

"Alright. At the count of three. One. Two." I took off running. "Three!" I yelled back.

I heard his footsteps not that far behind.

I ran closer to the pole. I was about to touch it, when Paxton wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me away.

"Faye Lenards that was cheating." He laughed.

"I never said I wasn't going to run beforehand."

He laughed even more, which caused his grip to loosen. I got free and touched the pole.

"I win!" I cheered.

Paxton only smiled. "Of course you did, Hon." He kissed the top of my head.

We headed back, down the street.

We stood by his Jeep. My back was against his car door. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, and my palms were pressed against his chest, looking up at him. 

"I'll see you tomorrow."

I nodded my head.

He reached down and kissed me.

"I better get going." He kissed my forehead.

"Drive safe."

"I will."