Chapter 20 - Faye Lenards

"Faye." I heard. "Faye."

"Yeah?"

"Are you coming with me to the store? I'm leaving in fifteen minutes."

"Yeah." I removed the blankets away from my body.

"Well, get up." She left my room.

I got out of bed and checked the time. It was already noon. I had slept in. Last night, Paxton and I stayed up talking. I don't even remember saying goodnight. I remember checking the time and it had been two in the morning. That was the last thing I remember. I guess I had fallen asleep while on the phone.

I headed to the bathroom. When I was done, I walked back into my bedroom and rummaged through my closet. I grabbed a pair of gray sweats and a black tank top. I quickly put them on and tied my hair up in a pony tail. I also put on a pair of black vans. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

"Ready?" my mom asked.

I nodded my head.

We walked out of the house and got in her car. She pulled out of the driveway and drove. About twenty minutes later, we arrived at the grocery store.

My mom and I got down from her car. We walked towards the entrance. I grabbed a shopping cart from my right, like I always did. I followed my mom inside the store.

We walked around. My mom put the things she needed into the shopping cart.

"Faye, can you get some mozzarella cheese?" my mom asked.

I nodded my head and left the current aisle we were in. I walked over to the dairy section of the store. I looked around for mozzarella cheese.

"Cheddar, American, queso fresco..." I scanned the refrigerated shelf. "Here we go." I grabbed the plastic bag of shredded mozzarella.

I walked back, searching for my mom. I found her in the deli section of the store. She was ordering. I put the bag of cheese in the cart. She grabbed the red transparent bag from the shelf where the butcher had set it and put in the cart.

"Anything else we need?"

"Nope."

"Alright. Let's go pay." She checked her phone. "It's already two. We're having dinner with Paxton at six. We need to hurry."

With my mom pushing the cart, we walked over to a checkout line. We weren't that far in the back. There were about three people in front of us.

I grabbed a magazine from the side and skimmed through it.

"Ooh...this is a nice color." It was a red shade. Almost a maroon. I turned the magazine and showed my mom.

"It's nice. What color are going to dye your hair next?"

"I don't know yet." I put the magazine back where it was.

"How does Paxton feel about your hair colors?" She looked at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Usually, when I dye my hair, he says he likes it. He doesn't say anything about it being weird or anything like that."

"That's good to hear."

It was our turn next. We started putting items on the black conveyor belt. My mom went ahead to the cashier, while I continued to put the rest of the items on the conveyor belt.

Once I was done, I moved the cart forward and started bagging the groceries, while my mom paid. She helped me bag the rest, and we put them in the cart. We walked out of the store and into the parking lot.

My mom unlocked her car, and we started loading the groceries in the trunk. I put the cart off to the side and got in the car. My mom was already in it. She started the car and drove. I turned on the radio and hummed to the current song that played.

It wasn't long until we reached the house. We brought down the groceries down from the car. I helped her put them away, while she got started on dinner.

"Mom anything else?"

"Not right now. I'm alright."

"Alright, I'll be upstairs. I'm going to shower."

She nodded her head.

I walked up the stairs into my bedroom. I grabbed a few clothes and headed towards the bathroom.

I quickly showered and got out. I walked back into my bedroom. I combed my hair and let it air dry. I took out a pair of black skinny jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt then changed. I also put on my black and white converse.

I tidied up my room a bit, so it wouldn't be messy. I made my bed. I put away some clothes in the hamper. I put my brushes and combs back where they belonged, in the drawer. I put a few books back on my desk.

I heard the door bell ring.

"Mom, dad, he's here!" I called out.