Chapter 44 - Faye Lenards

"Faye," I heard.

I opened my eyes, only to see my mother standing by the door.

"Yeah?"

"Your father and I are going out today with your aunt and uncle."

"Alright." I stretched my arms and legs out.

"I left some money downstairs for you to order something to eat."

"Mhmm." I nodded my head, slowly closing my eyes again.

"We'll be home late. Don't forget to lock the doors and clean your room."

"Alright," I mumbled.

"Don't just say 'alright,' actually do it. We're leaving now." Her footsteps started to recede.

"Wait, mom!" My eyes shot open, and I called out.

She walked back into my room.

"Can Paxton come over?"

"Yes. Behave."

I nodded my head.

She walked out my room.

I stretched some more and got out of bed. I grabbed some clothes from my bureau and walked out of my bedroom over to the bathroom.

I undressed and showered. When I got out, I dressed myself in a pair of denim jeans and a navy tank top. I walked into my bedroom where I combed my hair and let it air dry.

I started cleaning my bedroom, picking up my dirty clothes from the floor, putting them in my clothes hamper, cleaning off a few things from my desk, and also making my bed.

I walked downstairs into the kitchen and noticed the cash my mom had left for me.

I got myself a bowl from a cabinet and took out the milk and cereal. I sat on a stool, eating at the island.

When I finished, I washed my bowl and spoon.

Nothing else needed to be done so I hung out in the kitchen for a while, standing behind the island, looking through my phone.

"Hey," I heard.

"Hey." I walked over to him and hugged him.

"You should really lock the door."

"I always forget."

He propped himself up on the counter, across from me.

"So what's new?"

I leaned against the kitchen island. "Nothing much. My prom was this past Saturday."

"Oh yeah, huh? How'd that go?"

A small smile spread across my lips. "It was really fun. What about you? What's new with you?"

"Well, I already had my prom. It was the Saturday before your prom. I went with Andrea. We had fun."

"What? Andrea? I'm so happy for you. Are you guys official now?"

He grinned. "Yeah. I asked her out the night of prom."

"That's so awesome. I'm happy for both of you. You should've told me sooner."

"Yeah but we've both been busy with our relationships." He laughed. "What about you? How are you and—"

"Hey..."

I turned my head to my right, seeing Paxton walk into the kitchen.

"Hey." I walked over to him and hugged him. I grabbed his hand and walked over to the island. "Paxton, this is Oliver, my cousin. Oliver, this is Paxton, my boyfriend." I introduced them to each other.

Paxton let go of my hand and shook Oliver's.

"Nice to meet you," Paxton spoke.

"Same here, man. I've heard a lot about you."

Paxton turned to look at me.

"They've all been good things," I told him. "Mostly, good things," I mumbled.

He stare bore into mine.

"I'm joking," I said. "Are you guys hungry?" I asked them.

"Yeah," Oliver replied.

"Sure," Paxton spoke.

"Pizza?"

They both agreed.

I took my phone out of my right pocket and went on my favorite pizza place's website.

"Paxton, Oly, two large pizzas. What toppings? Just pepperoni?"

They both nodded their heads, as I also ordered a side of cheesy bread.

"Shouldn't be too long."

We all waited in the kitchen for a while. It was actually a bit quiet and awkward.

"So, Paxton," Oliver spoke, breaking the ice. "My cousin show you how crazy she is?"

I threw my phone at Oliver. He caught it, without flinching.

Paxton chuckled. "Just a bit."

I smacked Paxton on his arm, making them both laugh.

I was glad they both met because they were two important people in my life, but I didn't want them to be bonding at my expense.

"I'm just playing." Paxton tried wrapping his arm around me.

"Sure." I pushed him away. "Hug your new best friend, Oly."

They both laughed again.

Their laughs faded as I walked over to the living room where I heard the doorbell ring.

"Hi." I opened the door.

There was a tall guy standing at the door, holding a black-squared bag in his hand. He wore black pants and a white shirt with a red collar.

"Hello. Two large pepperoni pizzas and a side order of cheesy bread," he read the receipt. "That'll be twenty-Six fifty."

I handed him the money, plus a tip.

"Thank you. Here are your pizzas and cheesy bread." He handed them to me.

"Thanks."

"Have a great night."

"Thank you, you too." I closed the door behind him.

"Pizza is here." I walked into the kitchen.

"Nah, man, Faye always liked to ignore me when we first started hanging out. She even said I was annoying and intolerable. And look at us now."

"So I guess she was lying then," Oliver chuckled.

"What?" I asked, placing the pizzas and bread on the island.

"Nothing," Paxton said, walking over to me to kiss the top of my head.

I got out a few plates and cups out and walked over to the fridge to get out a few sodas and waters.

"Anything else you guys want to drink?"

"I'm good," Oliver spoke.

"Same here," I heard Paxton.

They grabbed a slice of pizza, and so did I.

We all sat at around the island to eat.

So far, the meeting, between my boyfriend and favorite cousin, went very well.

I was glad they got along well.