Chapter 4 - Faye Lenards

"Quit your crying," I groaned as the crying continued.

I removed the blankets from my body and got up from bed. I immediately went to the doll that was on my desk. I picked up the plastic bottle and put it inside the toy dolls mouth.

The doll, or better know as Hannah, my "daughter," stopped crying.

The whole night, Hannah had been crying. It wasn't so bad, it would be every few hours, and I would just put the bottle in her mouth and she would shut up.

What bothered me the most was that when she started crying and didn't want the bottle then she needed to be held. That's what made me so tired. I had to constantly rock her back and forth in my arms, as if it were a real baby. I guess this was the whole point of the assignment.

I placed Hannah on my bed and went to the bathroom. I walked back to my bedroom to dress and got ready for school. I quickly put on a black pair of jeans, a gray shirt, then put on my black converse.

I walked over to my mirror and looked at my reflection. I looked tired. I took my hair out of the ponytail it was in. I quickly brushed it and let it be. I didn't want to wear my contacts today, so I put on my black framed glasses.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror once again.

"Whatever. That'll do," I mumbled. I was too tired to care.

I grabbed the doll and my phone then headed down stairs.

"Ready to go, Faye?" my mom asked.

I nodded my head.

"Any breakfast?"

"No, I'm too tired to eat."

"Kids will do that to ya." She chuckled. "Alright, let's go."

We walked out of the house and got in her car. My mom drove me to school.

"Have a great day," she spoke, as I got out of the car.

"Thanks, mom, you too." I closed the door behind me and she drove off.

I had the doll in my hand. It was quite and wasn't making any noises. I couldn't wait to pass it off to Paxton.

Speak of...

I saw Paxton in the parking lot. He was leaning against his red Jeep.

He started walking away from it and towards the entrance of the school. I walked a bit faster to catch up with him.

"Lenox!" I called out.

He stopped where he was and turned around. He was wearing black jeans and a gray long sleeve shirt.

"Faye." He smiled. "It's nice to see you, Hon. Hey, looks like we're matching."

I looked down at my clothes and back to his. We were matching. We both wore black jeans and a gray shirt. Damn.

"So how has our dear daughter been?" He stepped closer to me.

"Dandy." I handed him the doll, and he took it.

"Was it really hard or no?" he questioned.

I started walking away.

He caught up and wrapped his arm around me. "Wait for me, Hon."

Ugh. It annoyed me how he would call me "Hon," or wrap his arm around me. It irritated me so much. He irritated me.

"Get your arm away from my shoulder."

We walked through the schools main entrance.

"Fine." He removed it, but then put his arm around my waist.