Chapter 37 - Paxton Lenox

"So, why do you get to come with me and see me in the tux but I don't get to see you in your dress?" I asked her, as I opened the door to the shop and we walked into the Friar Tux shop.

"Well, because you shouldn't see me in it until Prom night. It's much better like that, and I need to make sure you get the right color," she reminded me.

I nodded, looking around. There were already a few guys in here and a couple of girls.

Faye and I walked around.

"Do you know what kind of tux you want?" Faye asked me.

"A slim fit one," I answered her, looking around at the different styles.

"Tie or bow tie?" she questioned me.

"Bow tie, I think."

"How may I help you today?" a male worker asked me. "I'm Spence."

"I'm looking for a tux for my school prom," I explained to him.

"Do you have an idea of something you'd want to wear. Slim fit, traditional fit, tie or bow tie, vest or no vest, traditional black or something more different?" he questioned.

"I want a slim fit tux, a bow tie, traditional black, and no vest. Could I wear suspenders instead?" I asked.

"Yes, we could do all that. What color, if you're matching?"

"Like a light-pink color," I responded.

"Like this," Faye pointed to her hair.

"So, a pastel pink?" he asked, and I nodded my head.

"Alright, if you'll follow me to the dressing room, we'll get you started."

I followed him.

I turned back to see Faye. She was looking at the tuxes on the wall.

"This will be your dressing room." He gestured to the empty room. "If I may." He gestured to the measuring tape in his hands.

I nodded my head.

He took my measurements and wrote them down on a notepad. He gave me a small nod and walked away.

I waited in the dressing room.

The worker, Spence, came back and handed me some clothes and shoes. He told me to try them on. I locked the dressing room door. I stripped myself of my clothes and put on the dress pants first. I then put on the white long sleeve dress shirt and black dress shoes. I buttoned up the shirt and tucked it in.

I walked out of the dressing room.

"So, here I have the bow tie and suspenders." Spence handed them to me and helped me put them on. He then handed me a black tux jacket which I also put on. "So, go ahead and look in the mirror and see how you look. If there's something that you don't like just tell me so we can fix it."

I walked over to the big mirror on a wall to my left. I liked how I looked. The bow tie didn't quite match the suspenders. The suspenders were the right color but the bow tie was a much darker pink.

"May I get a different bow tie? This one seems a bit darker than the suspenders," I asked him.

"Of course, I'll be back."

I took off the bow tie. Spence came back with a different one. The one he had in his hands matched much better. I put on the bow tie and looked in the mirror one more time. It all came together very nicely, even if it was pink.

Although I had nothing against the color, I wouldn't have chosen it myself. However, it did look good.

"Would you like to go show your girlfriend now?"