Chapter 24 - Faye Lenards

It was a pretty chilly night. I wore denim jeans, a black leather jacket, a gray shirt, and my black combat boots.

I waited patiently for Paxton. He and I were going on a date. However, I didn't know where to.

I looked at my phone. It was ten minutes before seven. Paxton would be here at seven.

I heard the door bell ring so I grabbed my things and headed downstairs.

Paxton was standing by the door with my dad.

"Remember to have her back before curfew," my dad spoke sternly.

"Of course, sir." Paxton nodded his head.

Paxton noticed me.

My dad went out back and left the two of us.

He smiled. "You look amazing."

He had seen me dress like this before so I know he was just saying that.

"Thanks. You look great."

I took in his appearance. He wore denim jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt. His hair was styled back.

He actually looked so good but I didn't want to say it like that.

"Ready to go?"

I nodded my head.

He grabbed hold of my hand and led us outside towards his Jeep. It was dark out. The street lights were already turned on.

He opened the door for me, like he always did. It was always a sweet gesture, and I thought it was really cute. I got in, and so did he.

"One thing before we go," he spoke.

He cupped my face with his hands and brought my lips to his.

The kisses we shared never seized to amaze me. They were always so gentle but yet there was something so intense about them too. The way he held me in his arms was so gentle and caring. He held me as if I was something so fragile he didn't want to break.

We pulled away, and Paxton started driving.

"So where are we going?"

"Nope. It's a surprise, Hon. I won't tell you." He smiled.

"How about a hint?"

He shook his head. "Nope."

"Please?" I reached over and kissed his cheek a couple of times. I sat back in my seat so he could focus on the road.

"I really enjoyed that, but I'm still not saying."

At least I tried. If he wasn't telling me then maybe he really did want to surprise me. Either way, no date was ever boring with Paxton.

He continued to drive. He had already been driving for about thirty minutes. I didn't know how much further. We were driving out of the city.

"Where are we going?"

"Maybe ten or fifteen minutes left. Don't worry, you'll enjoy it."

"Alright."

I scooted a bit in my seat, leaning closer to the car door to get a better look of Paxton. I continued to admire his face. He was honestly so attractive. And the way he had his hair styled made him look so amazing.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

He had turned for a brief moment and smiled.

"Nothing. I was just looking at the way you styled your hair."

"It looks bad?"

"No. It actually looks really good. You should do it like that more often. Brings out your eyes more."

He nodded his head.

Paxton turned onto a road. In the far distance, I could see something that looked like an observatory. The closer we got to it, the more I could tell that it was indeed an observatory.

I had never been to one before.

Paxton pulled into the parking lot and found a space. We both got down.

It was much chillier here than it was back home.

Paxton wrapped his arm around me and led us inside.

The inside of the building was white. There were different pictures of stars, planets, and nebulae hanging from the walls. Each of them had some type of descriptive writing under them. There was a marble floor right under our feet.

There were a few people walking around. Some were admiring the pictures.

Paxton and I walked around, looking at some pictures hanging from the walls.

They were real life photos taken with high resolution cameras. They were so pretty. The different colors in each photo. One had different shades of pink, blue, and purple. That one was my favorite. Another picture had different shades of yellow, orange, and green. That one was extraordinary.

"Come on." Paxton held my hand in his. He had a big smile on his face.

He led me to a circular room. The wall in here was painted white as well. However, this room didn't have any pictures on the wall. It was fairly plain. I didn't see what was so special about it.

There were a few people in here.

"Wait for it," Paxton whispered, pointing at the ceiling.

I looked up above me. The ceiling was made of two doors that were being retracted.

I gasped.

It was one of the most beautiful views I had ever seen. It was truly amazing. I was looking at a sky full of stars but we were inside. The ceiling was made of glass but it seemed as though the stars were right on the ceiling.

"They're so pretty," I spoke. I was completely mesmerized.

"The ceiling glass is like a giant magnifying glass. That's why it only seems like they're a few feet away. During the day, it's closed off, and at night they open it."

I nodded my head. "I love this so much."

"I'm glad you like it." I could hear the smile in his voice.

I barley noticed when he wrapped his arms around my waist. He stood behind me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I was in awe. So captivated by the stars. I had never seen them like this. It was honestly an extraordinary sight. How could something be so beautiful? I guess that's just how the universe worked.

When the doors closed again, Paxton and I went back to the other rooms, looking around and admiring the different photos.

"Wanna get something to eat?"

"Mmm...I could use some ice cream."

"There's a shop around here. Come on." He held my hand in his and pulled me along.

We made our way over to his Jeep and got in.

Paxton drove for about ten minutes. We were in a small town I didn't recognize.

Soon after, he pulled into the parking lot of a shopping center. We both got down and walked towards an ice cream shop.We walked inside the shop. The walls were painted a blue color and there were white round tables all around. The ceiling was painted blush-pink.

Paxton and I got in line to order.

When it was our turn to order, I ordered mint chocolate chip ice cream in a cone, while Paxton ordered cookies and cream ice cream in a cone.

We walked out of the shop and walked down one of the sidewalks.

"Tonight was amazing," I spoke.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was hoping you would."

"I did." I stared up at him. "It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me."

He reached down and kissed me.

I smiled. His lips tasted like cookies and cream ice cream.