Chapter 41 - Paxton Lenox

"Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, I'll give you a call," I spoke, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She rested her hands on my shoulders. "I'm so excited. Are you?"

"Yeah." I was actually more nervous than excited.

Her aquamarine eyes searched mine.

"See you tomorrow. I still have to pick up my tux and get a hair cut."

"Not a major one, right?" She ran her fingers through my hair. "I like it how it is."

I chuckled. "Not a major one. Just a small trim. I'm also going to shave the stubble." I rubbed my face.

"About time," she chuckled. "I'm joking."

"Okay. Now I really have to go."

"Fine." She reached up and kissed my cheek.

"I'd prefer one of these." I leaned into her and kissed her lips. I then kissed her forehead.

I took a few steps back. "I'll see you."

She nodded her head and smiled.

I made my way down the steps. I walked over to my Jeep and got in, driving to the first place I needed to go.

There was an empty space in the plazas parking lot. I got out and locked up my Jeep.

"How may I help you?" the girl behind the counter asked, when I walked through the door.

"I'm here to pick up my tux. I put it on hold."

"Name, please."

"Paxton Lenox."

She typed a few things on the keyboard before her.

"Paxton Lenox. Alright. I'll have someone help you."

Another worker walked over to the counter.

"Dan, could you help Paxton? He's here for his fitting. He'll take his tux today."

"Sure."

She handed him a paper.

"This way please."

I followed him and walked into a fitting room.

"I'll be back."

I nodded and waited for him to return.

"Alright. I have the right measurements. Try on the tux, and I'll be back."

He left, and I did as he told me. I undressed and put on the tux. I put on the suspenders and bow tie next. I put on the black dress shoes and tied the laces. When I was done, I walked out of the dressing room and looked at my reflection through the big mirror in the hall. The tux looked great. Everything fit nicely.

"Everything alright? Is there anything we need to change?" he asked.

"Nope. Everything is fine."

"Alright. Go ahead and get dressed into your clothes. Once you do, go up to the front and check out. Is there anything else I could help you with?"

"Thank you. That's all."

I walked back into the dressing room and changed. I grabbed the tux and everything else and walked out of the dressing room, over to the front desk.

"Ready to check out?" the girl behind the counter asked.

"Yes." I placed the clothes on the counter.