Chapter 40 - Faye Lenards

I finished showering and changed into a shirt and sweats. When I blow dried my hair and combed it, I grabbed my wand and turned it on.

I walked over to my closet and got out a black, long-sleeved dress and black flats from my closet. I placed them both on my bed.

I walked over to my dresser where my wand was and started curling my hair. After I finished doing my hair, I applied my makeup. It was light. Mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of light-pink lipstick. I then put on my dress and flats.

I looked at my reflection in my mirror. Not bad. I liked how I looked.

When the doorbell rang, I grabbed my phone and wallet then put them in my black shoulder bag.

I made my way down the stairs and opened the door.

Paxton stood before me, with a big smile on his face and flowers in his right hand. His hair was combed back. He wore a pair of black jeans and a white button-up shirt.

"Hey," he spoke.

"Hey."

"These are for you." He handed me the bouquet of flowers.

I gladly took the red roses. They were pretty.

"Thanks." A smile spread across my face. "I'll go put these in water." I motioned for him to come in.

I walked into the kitchen and got a vase. I filled it with water and put the roses in it.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

"Yeah." We made our way out the front door.

"You look beautiful," he complimented, as we walked over to his Jeep.

"Thanks. You don't look too shabby yourself." I chuckled.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Really, though. You look good."

"Thank you."

He opened the door for me, and I thanked him. He walked around and got in the drivers seat.

"One more thing before we go." He reached over and kissed me.

My hands cupped his face. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you," he spoke.

When Paxton and I pulled away, he turned on the engine and drove.

On the drive to wherever he was taking me, I turned on the radio and left it on low volume.

"Faye, I want you to know that you're very special to me, and I want you to feel special."

I smiled, knowing that the was the reason he was taking me on a date.

"I don't want you to ever think you're not good enough or anything like that." He looked at me for a brief moment, before looking back at the road. "You are, Faye, and you're more than good enough. I just want you to know that. And don't ever doubt that I don't love you because I do love you."

I was overwhelmed by his words and didn't know what to say. I was extremely grateful, but I felt as though those words wouldn't suffice once voiced out.

A few tears streamed down my face.

"Wait. Are you crying?" He looked at me every few moments, while trying to keep his eyes on the road. "No. You're not supposed to be crying. Did I say something wrong?"

I shook my head. "No. The opposite, actually. I'm just happy. You make me happy." I wiped the few tears from my face.

He quickly reached over and kissed my cheek.