EPILOGUE

The three year old ran down the stairs, giggling. Her long dirty blonde hair got in her face and made her miss the last step. In an instant, she collided with the hard wooden floor.

"Oww," she cried. Tears immediately ran down her pale face. "Daddy!"

"Oh, baby." He walked into the living room. He picked her up and cooed.

"Daddy, it hurts." She continued to cry. Her green eyes meeting her fathers similar eyes.

"It's okay, baby, it's okay." He hugged her.

He walked into the kitchen, with her in his arms. He took out a juice box from the fridge and inserted the straw into it.

"Here, baby, drink some juice."

She took it in her hands and drank from the white straw.

"I'm home." She walked into the kitchen, holding green grocery bags.

"Mommy." She fidgeted in her fathers arms, wanting to get down.

He put her down on her feet and she immediately ran over to her mother.

Her mother put the grocery bags on the island counter and crouched down in front of her daughter.

"What's wrong?" she asked, noticing her daughters red watery eyes.

"I fell, mommy." She hugged her mother.

She looked up at her husband, searching for answers, her aquamarine eyes meeting his green ones.

"She fell. I picked her up at the bottom of the stairs," he explained.

"It's alright, baby, just a little fall." She moved her daughters bangs away from her green eyes. "You're all better now." She picked her up and sat her on a chair by the island.

"Hannah, wanna watch mommy and daddy make dinner?" he asked her.

"Spayetti, please," Hannah spoke.

"Paxton, can you take out the tomatoes from the fridge?"

"Yes, Honey." He kissed the top of her head.

"Mommy, my hair is like yours," she referred to her mothers blonde hair. "I want it pink, now."

She turned her head towards her husband.

"Faye, don't look at me. All I did was show her a few photos of you in high school."

"Hannah, baby, mommy was older. If you really want your hair pink you can do it when you're older. Okay?"

"Okay, mommy." She paid more attention to the princess coloring book she was now coloring in.

She smacked her husbands shoulder. "Quit showing her pictures," she spoke in a hushed tone.

He chuckled. "She wanted to see her mommy with colorful hair." He smiled.

Faye rolled her eyes.

####

After dinner, Faye tucked Hannah in her bedroom.

"Good night." She kissed Hannah's forehead.

"Where's daddy?"

"Here." He walked into her bedroom and sat on the other side of her bed. "Good night, princess." He kissed the top of her head.

Both Paxton and Faye exited her bedroom and walked into their own bedroom just a few doors down.

Faye was already ready for bed and so she laid down on the left side of the bed. She grabbed the current book she was reading and opened it to where she had left off. Her hands tapped against the spine of her book. She was waiting for the perfect time to tell him. She had already known for quite sometime. She wasn't worried about what he would say. She just wanted to make sure it was the perfect moment.