Chapter 42 - Faye Lenards

"Come over here, Faye," Brenda, my twenty year old cousin, spoke.

I followed her to the living room, where she grabbed a chair, set it in the middle of the room and gestured for me to sit.

"So, are you excited? It's prom night." She smiled, starting to do my makeup.

"I guess so."

"Oh, come on, Faye. Be a little excited." She frowned.

"I'm just nervous. I really don't know if Paxton is really excited about it. I am, but I don't know about him. He says he is, but I'm not sure. He really isn't into this kind of stuff," I admitted.

"Listen, from what you tell me, Paxton seems like a great guy, and he also seems honest. If he honestly wasn't up for it, then he would have told you or he would have made an excuse to back out of it. He's probably going all crazy nervous right now or something," she assured me.

I nodded my head.

"So, what type of look do you want?"

"Nothing dramatic. I want it to seem more simple and natural."

She nodded her head.

I waited patiently for her to finish doing my makeup. When she finished, I looked in the mirror she handed me.

"Whoa," I spoke.

I absolutely loved it. It was amazing, the work she did. No wonder she was in beauty school.

She put on mascara and eyeliner with some fake eyelashes that weren't over the top. She also put on a bit of blush and pink lipstick. Over my eyes she put a combination of light pink and silver eyeshadow. It seemed like a lot with the silver, but it wasn't. It was rather simple, but I liked how I looked.

"So, you like it?" She smiled.

"Yeah, it looks great," I answered her.

"Okay, let's hurry. We still need to do your hair." She rushed me up the stairs to my bedroom, where I sat in the small stool that was in front of my large mirror. "You said you wanted it half up and half down, right?"

I nodded my head.

Brenda turned on the wand so it could heat up. Once it did, she began curling my hair.

"So, your parents couldn't be here, huh?"

"Nope. They went out of town for Aunt Penny's birthday. I didn't want to miss her birthday, but they told me to stay and go to prom. They really didn't want me to miss my prom."

She nodded her head, continuing to style my hair.

After she finished, I looked in the mirror. She curled my hair, leaving the bottom half of my hair down, while she styled the top half of my hair. She made two braids with the top half of my hair and wrapped them around, creating a crown look on the top of my head.

"So do you like it or do you want to change it?" she questioned.

"No, no, it's great. I like it," I assured her.

"Let's get your dress on. We only have fifteen minutes left before Paxton shows up."

What? I looked at the clock by my bed. It was a quarter past six. Paxton was going to arrive at six-thirty. Time had gone by so fast.

Brenda got my dress out of the plastic cover and helped me put it on. She zipped me up, and then helped me put on my silver heels.

I put on some jewelry: a silver bracelet, a silver necklace with a lot of rhinestones, and a pair of silver earrings.