Chapter 30 - Faye Lenards

I was laying in my bed. My face was buried into my pillow. The fabric from my pillow case was now wet from my tears. I quickly wiped them away from my face.

How could he do this? How could Paxton hurt me? Why would he do this? He knew how I felt about him. He knew I loved him. I was stupid for still loving him.

"Why?" I screamed into my pillow.

I heard my phone's text message tone. I had been receiving text messages and phone calls the whole day. Paxton wouldn't leave me alone. He kept leaving message after message. I didn't want to see him nor hear from him. I didn't want him to contact me. I just wanted to be alone.

My head was pounding. I closed my eyes, hoping to find comfort in my sleep.

####

The next day, I woke up and got ready for school just like any other day. I walked into the bathroom and did what I needed to do. I put on denim jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt.

I grabbed my phone and everything else I needed.

This morning, my mom was going to give me a ride to school. She and my dad didn't know I had broken up with Paxton. I didn't want to say anything yet. I had just made up an excuse as to why he couldn't take me to school.

I had also asked Oliver for a ride back home. He, too, didn't know the truth. I told him that Paxton had something to do. He didn't ask any questions.

I didn't want my parents or Oliver to know the truth. I just couldn't tell them nor did I want to tell them.

"Faye, ready to go?" I heard from downstairs.

I walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

My mom and I walked outside to her car.

I arrived at school at the usual time I usually arrived, with time to spare. I got down from the car and headed inside.

Paxton's Jeep was nowhere in sight.

I hurried and made my way past the two main doors, and into the hallway where my locker was.

A few people stared at me. I guess they heard about what happened, considering they were whispering amongst each other and staring at me.

"May I help you?" I asked them.

They all looked away.

The bell rang, and I headed to class.

####

First and second period were all boring. Nothing interesting. I just did my work. That's it.

"Faye," I heard.

The voice was all too familiar. I hurried my pace.

I had tried so hard to avoid him the whole day. I had even skipped third period just so I wouldn't have to see him.

"Please." Paxton stood right in front of me. "Just hear me out."

I didn't dare meet his gaze. I moved past him and continued to walk down the hall.

"Faye, I love you!"

He wouldn't have done what he did, if he did love me.

It ached me that I still loved him. I did. There was no denying that. My love for him was was undeniable. That's why it hurt even more knowing what he did.

A few tears streamed down my face. I rushed off to the restroom before anyone could see me. Before Paxton could see me.

Luckily for me, there weren't any girls in here. I locked myself inside one of the stalls and cried.

It ached me to be in his presence. It just reminded me of what happened. How he betrayed and hurt me.

I heard the bell ring. Fourth period would be starting soon. I didn't care though. I needed to pull myself together first. Trying my best to calm down, I took a few deeps breaths and wiped the tears from my face.

I walked out of the stall and stood in front of one of the sinks. I looked at my reflection. My tired reflection. My eyes were red and a bit puffy. My cheeks were pink along with my nose. I quickly splashed cold water on my face, grabbed a brown paper towel, and dried my face. The paper was harsh against my skin.

I walked out of the restroom and headed towards my fourth period class. I was late. There was no one in the hallway.

When I walked into my classroom, my teacher didn't say anything. He just motioned over to my seat. Needing to distract myself, I sat down and worked on the papers the teacher handed out.

I worked and worked on the problems in front of me. Anything to get my mind off Paxton. It wasn't really working, considering I was still thinking about him.

When the bell rang, I turned in my work and rushed out of the classroom. I headed somewhere I knew Paxton wouldn't look for me and made my way down a few hallways. I went outside to some of the fields and walked over to the tennis courts.

Usually at lunch, no one was here. Everyone usually stayed in the quad or roamed the hallways.

I walked inside one of the courts and sat down against the hard metal fence. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I rested my head on the top of my knees and cried.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I needed to let it out. It was better than bottling my emotions in.

At this point, I honestly didn't care who heard me. I didn't care. There was too much pain to keep inside.