Chapter 32 - Faye Lenards

I opened the door. 

"Hey," I said, stepping to the side so he could walk in.

"Hey." He hugged me tight.

"You're like ten minutes early. It's barely seven." I closed the door.

"Couldn't wait to see you." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Want anything to eat or drink?" I walked into the kitchen, while Paxton followed.

"Just a water, please."

I opened the fridge door and got a water bottle for him. He thanked me, when I handed it to him.

With his legs crossed at the ankles, he leaned against the kitchen island.

He wore denim jeans and a gray shirt that showed off his muscles.

I leaned against the opposite counter.

"Are you alright?" He stared at me.

"Yeah."

"Sure?"

"Listen," I started. "I love you, and I know what you told me was the truth. Just know that I'm fine."

He nodded his head. "I love you, too."

I smiled. "Just promise me that the next time I don't want to listen to you, you'll throw me over your shoulder and drive me to a park so I can listen."

He smiled. "Of course."

I walked over to him, rested my hand on his shoulder, and reached up to kiss his cheek.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I replied.

I grabbed what I needed, and we headed out.

Paxton opened the door to his Jeep for me, just as usual. I got in, and he closed the door after me. He walked around to the drivers seat.

"Time to head to that hell hole we call high school."

I laughed.

It was funny, but he was right.

When we arrived at school, Paxton found a parking spot. We got down from his Jeep and walked inside, past the schools main entrance.

We walked down the hallway. A few people stared at our intertwined hands.

They were whispering amongst themselves.

The whole week, people were gossiping about what happened between me and Paxton.

They continued to stare and gossip. It was starting to piss me off, considering it wasn't there business.

"May I help any of you?" I asked them.

They immediately looked away.

I heard Paxton chuckle beside me.

"What?" I asked, when we reached my locker.

"You." He smiled, as he leaned against a few lockers, crossing his arms across his chest.

"What about me?" I opened my locker. I took out a notebook and pencil.

"You're still that 'bad girl' they're afraid of."

"Not even close." I slammed my locker shut.

"I know that, but they don't."

The bell rang.

"Come on. I'll walk you to class." He held my hand in his.

We walked down the hallway, hand in hand.