Bucky Barnes - A Night Terror

The darkness enveloped us in its cold harshness. The quiet pitter patter of the storm outside was the only indication that the world was outside our door. I watched through the inch of open drapes as the storm roared outside the window. The warm hold of my husband was enough to keep me from freezing on this sleepless night. His right arm draped over my waist in a simple way of connecting us.

I reached up and raked my hand through his long brown hair, the familiar softness greeting me as it had every sleepless night. I looked at his hard features; his set brow, square jaw- where an angry redish spot was farming. All perfect to me as he slept peacefully.

I looked at his left arm the glint of the chrome finish barely shinning in the darkness. The red star scratched away with the wear and tear of past battles. I ran my fingers over the raised pattern, feeling the vibrations of the metal strips as my touch ran down the limb.

I heard a small grunt. As he moved slightly, stirring in his sleep just slightly moving away from my touch on his arm. I moved towards him burrowing in his receding warmth. I tucked myself under his chin, facing the gentle rise and fall of his chest. I breathed in the scent of machine oil and his aftershave. A smell I never thought I'd get used to, now my favorite.

I couldn't sleep no matter how I tried. I felt like something was going to happen. Something terrible that made my stomach churn at the thought. I was usually right about these feelings. Though I had no real proof of it. Bucky usually listened. He trusted me almost as much as Steve, maybe more. Though I wouldn't be offended if he didn't. I mean seriously. They grew up together, and were both frozen for seventy years.

I felt Bucky stir in his sleep. Looking up I saw the furrow of his brow as he groaned in what seemed to be pain. I sat up backing away slightly before his metal arm suddenly swung out nearly hitting me in the process. He squirmed as another cry of against escaped his lips. Writhing in the sheets he was sweating bullets as his features twisted in pain.

"Bucky!" I called out. He stayed still for a moment before his brown eyes slowly peeled open. More calm than he should've. He turned to me, before holding out his bionic hand to me. I set my hand in his before crawling back into his embrace.

"You okay?" I asked quietly. He nodded, not saying much as usual. Wrapping his right arm around my waist again. I rested myself below his chin again, the felling something bad was going to happen never subsidied. Only grew along with my worry as Bucky didn't speak of his night terror.

"You'd never leave me right?" Bucky asked. I looked up furrowing my own brows in confusion.

"Of course not. I wouldn't dream of it." I said. Bucky gave a small smile before lying on his side to face me more comfortably.

"I had a dream. You worked for Hydra and took me back. They made you torchere me. Same as before... But more painful because I knew you were behind the switch..." He trailed. I gave him a sad smile.

"Well, I can quite assure you I'm not a Hydra agent. And I'd never hurt you." I said. Bucky smiled bringing his real hand to my face. Brushing away a few strands of hair.

"I know." He smiled before pressing his forehead to mine where I finally fell asleep as the rhythm of the rain kept time.

-----

The next morning I woke up, greeted by the smack of cold air on my back. I shivered before standing from Bucky and I's bed throwing on a t-shirt quick.

Going downstairs I saw no sign of Bucky besides a note on the fridge in his handwriting.

'Went to get plums. Be back soon. I love you.'

A/N

If you guys are on geeking you can find me on there if you want.
This was just a small quicky I thought of.
Leave ideas or requests in the comments or in my personal messages.

Thank,
Dan