Batman / Bruce Wayne - Coming Home To You (ft. Deaf! Reader)

I gasped awake. My skin slick with sweat tears streaming from my eyes. The same soft buzz of the constant ringing sang in my ears. My hand gripped the bed sheets beside me being greeted by cold silk instead of my warm sleeping husband.

My eyes snapped open and over and I scratched at the sleet sitting up as my eyes stung with new tears. Flashes of burning city and mountains of corpses surrounding the only one that mattered to me.

Bruce.

He was cold, lifeless, wearing that damned bat suit. His vice against a city of vices. The reason I stayed up late at night wondering if he'd ever come home. If I'd stay up all night looking out the window for the bat- something.
The reason I kept all of our curtains shut when he was home because I was crazy enough to think that maybe if he didn't see the signal he wouldn't leave me.

My throat held back a sound and I sobbed though I had no idea how loud it truest was. Hearing was a luxury even Bruce couldn't supply me.

I spoke though as always it sounded wrong to someone who could hear.

I asked; "Why? Why did you have to be the hero?"

I grabbed Bruce's pillow hugging it to my heaving chest as I sobbed dropping fresh heart heavy tears onto his pillow. I buried my nose into it. It still smelled like his hundred dollar cologne. I took a deep breath and hiccuped shaking softly as the thought of being without him processed.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I slapped it away knowing Alfred was just trying to help but my grief was beyond his help.

A weight presented itself on the bed and I didn't even dare to look up. Two strong arms brought me into a hug and I looked up.

I saw the freshly bandaged face of my love and I dropped the pillow hugging his neck tight as relief flowed over my mind washing away all my worries.

He rubbed my back and kissed my shoulder softly mumbling against the skin knowing full well I couldn't hear him.

"Don't leave me," I squeaked aloud.

He flinched, I must've yelled. He gently pulled away and carefully signed to me;

I would never.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. My hands were followed by his gently wiping away the tears that followed after.

I hiccuped and signed to him

You were out again weren't you?

He nodded softly. The lights were on now and I could see the extent of his battle wounds.

His eye was swollen and red, no blunt about to turn into a bruise. His lip was cut up and red with crimson remnant on the center of his lips.

I cupped his cheeks and pressed my forehead to his as I calmed down slowly. He gently hugged my waist and carefully laid us both down. His face twisted into a wince. He no doubt took a few blows somewhere else that would no doubt caused him more pain then he showed.

I gently laid my head on his chest careful in case there was pain there too. When he didn't flinch I rested my head down fully resting my hand beside it.

His hands gently rubbed my lower back. I felt my worry subside for the time being. I looked up at him. He smiled reassuringly at me and I sighed softly.

"Promise you'll come home?" I said softer than before.

He nodded and spoke. I read his lips and smiled softly.

"Of course my love," He kisses my forehead, "I'll always come home to you."

A/N
Ayyyyy this was a request I got today, not my best work but still okay. :))

-Dan