12

Liam walks into his apartment and unhooks the leash from Watson's collar. He carelessly drops the leash on the floor and slips the collar over Watson's head, allowing him to run freely without the restraint of the leash. He disappears somewhere in their home and Liam doesn't want to go looking for him.
      Instead, He sets the collar down and walks tiredly through the hallway and into his room. He gets changed into casual, comfy shorts and a plain white t-shirt.
   He pulls out his phone and falls onto his bed, boredly scrolling through his Instagram. Not much was going on in the world right now. Or at least nothing that he knew or cared about.
     After some time, Liam turns his phone off and tosses it beside him. He relaxes on his back, letting out a long tired yawn and rubbing his eyes tiredly. He didn't know why he was so tired; he didn't do anything today.
     But having nothing to do now, he decides to close his eyes and rest for a while and maybe even fall asleep, if he could even be so lucky.
    Slowly, his mind relaxes and clears and he starts to drift off to sleep.... Until Watson jumps up on the bed, scaring Liam almost to death, and ruining his nap.
    "Good lord!!" He gasps in terror, resting a hand on his heaving chest. His heart was beating and he was breathing heavily as Watson stares down at him with big droopy eyes. "Are you trying to kill me??" He demands, gradually coming down from the surprise. Watson makes a strange sound and falls carelessly across Liam, stretching out his Long body. Apparently, he wanted to sleep to. Liam sighs frustratedly and stares up at the ceiling.
    "Do you think you could ever give me some space sometime?" Liam asks doubtfully as he lifts his head to look up at the giant dog on top of him who had no intention of moving. "You don't need to be literally on top of me every second of the day. I'm not going anywhere for now, mate," Liam tells him as he struggles to push the dog off himself. Watson groans and falls to Liam's side. Accepting the situation, he makes himself comfortable in his new spot and rests his chin on one of the many pillows that lay on the bed.
      "See, isn't that more comfortable over there anyway?" Liam wonders. "And You have more space now," Liam adds encouragingly as he pets Watson's smooth, soft side. "Good god, you need a bath tonight," he tells Watson who grunts in distaste and stretches out lazily.
"Sorry," Liam shrugs, not really sorry at all, as he stands up and walks into the kitchen to get food. He flips the light switch on and walks over to the refrigerator and looks inside. He didn't want to make anything for dinner, so he pulls a microwaveable meal out of the freezer and waits impatiently for it to heat up.
He notices something out of the corner of his eye and glances to the corner of the room.
His heart almost stops in fear when he sees someone sitting on top of the table until he realizes who it was.

"....Zayn?!" He finally states in surprise.