35

After being home from work for about a half hour, Liam finally hears the front door open.
"That must be Zayn!" Liam tells Watson happily as he stands up and walks to the front door.
      "Liiaaaaam!!!!" Zayn cries happily as he runs up to Liam and throws his arms around Liam's neck.
     "Hey Zaynie," Liam greets with a smile and hugs him back.
      "Don't ever leave me again!! I missed you zo much!!" He claims as he kisses Liam's cheeks a few times, making him laugh.
     "I'm sorry," Liam apologizes. "I missed you a lot too today. But look! I brought you a donut!" Liam says as he holds a small take out bag towards Zayn with a huge smile on his face.
"I stay true to my promises," Liam adds with a smile as Zayn looks at the donut curiously.
"What do I do with this?" Zayn wonders as he slides  the donut hole onto his finger and examines it.
"No no not like that! You eat it, see," Liam tells him with a laugh. He holds Zayn's hand to take the donut off and then takes a small bite of it.
"See. Like that," Liam says as he hands the donut back to Zayn. Zayn looks at the donut with a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips.
"Like this?" Zayn asks as he takes a small bite of the donut, looking up at Liam for reassurance.
"Yeah. Just like that," Liam smiles. Zayn smiles too then takes a rather large bite.
"Aw, no, Zaynie! You got chocolate on your cute little nose," Liam says sadly as he reaches out to wipe it off with his thumb, letting his hand trail slowly down the side of Zayn's face.
"Zorry," Zayn apologizes quietly.
"Don't be sorry! You looked absolutely adorable," Liam assures him and Zayn smiles again. "And lucky for you, chocolate is one of my favorite flavors," Liam adds with a smirk as he leans forward and kisses Zayn's nose a few times .
Zayn giggles and scrunches up his nose happily. "Ztop!! Liam ztop it! Ztop!"
Zayn demands through giggles as he pushes Liam away.
"Did you have a good day today?" Liam asks as he rests his hands on Zayn's narrow hips.
"No," Zayn replies.
"No? What was so bad about it?" Liam asks in surprise.
"I walked in circles all day," Zayn shares. "I got lost," he adds.
"Ooooh..... Were you out looking for the missing leader again?" Liam guesses.
"I was trying too..." Zayn mutters. "And apparently an old lady called the law enforcement on me because I 'looked suspicious'," Zayn shares.
    "Oh my god Zayn!" Liam laughs. "Did they try to arrest you?" He asks curiously.
     "No. I ran away before they even got there..." Zayn tells him and Liam laughs again.
    "Honestly though.... I'd probably call the police if I saw someone like you walking aimlessly up and down my street," Liam admits jokingly.
     "I wasn't walking aimlessly! I was just lost!," Zayn informs him.
     "Oh excuse me," Liam replies sarcastically.
"Wait! I finally see what you're doing!! You're just using me as a cover to hide under. I'm harboring a wanted fugitive in my home now!!," Liam says jokingly, but with a serious tone.
     "Wouldn't be the first time...." Zayn mutters, staring at some far off point.
     "What!" Liam gasps in confusion.
     "What?" Zayn asks, looking up at him cluelessly.
     "The first time for what?" Liam asks worriedly.
      "Nothing," Zayn says with a sweet but obviously fake smile
"Well, I'm just really glad you liked the donut Zaynie," Liam changes the subject. "I made it specially just for you," he adds as he takes both of Zayn's hands in his own and slowly swings them back and forth happily.
"It was really good!" Zayn tells him with a huge smile. He is distracted when he hears a loud noise suddenly coming from the kitchen and Watson barks.
     "Liam what was that?" Zayn asks worriedly, looking over Liam's shoulder.
"Oh yeah... I also brought Harry," Liam adds as Harry slowly walks out of the kitchen.
"Hello," Harry greets.
"Hi," Zayn says quietly as he lets go of Liam and stands closely behind him.
"I brought him home because he wanted to talk to you," Liam explains, glancing back at Zayn.
"Me?" Zayn asks, his eye brows shooting up in surprise
"Don't be so surprised Zaynie! Everyone should want to talk to you!" Liam says.
"No, no," Zayn shakes his head shyly.
" why does he want to talk to me?" Zayn asks in curious confusion, stealing a quick glance at Harry who was petting Watson.
     "There's something you should know..." Liam starts worriedly. "But it's totally okay Zaynie. Harry's like a brother to me. We can trust him, okay?" Liam starts as he runs his hands down Zayn's arms reassuringly.
"Liam..." Zayn says, unsure what Liam was trying to say.
"Excuse us for a minute, Haz," Liam says as he takes Zayn's hand and leads him to the bedroom so they can talk in private.
"Liam, what's happening?" Zayn asks.
"I told him," Liam admits, unable to look Zayn in the eyes.
"Liam!!" Zayn cries.
"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have; but you don't understand. Harry's spent his whole life dreaming and learning and studying about aliens and other worlds and now that you're here and it's proof that it's all true... I just.... I had to," Liam apologizes, trying to get Zayn to understand.
"But... I- I asked you not to tell anyone," Zayn reminds Liam in disbelief.
"I know I know. But- there's nothing We can do now. I already told him. But he would never tell anyone anything about you or anything. Your secret is safe with him," Liam assures Zayn who sits down on the edge of Liam's bed.
"I thought it was safe with you...." Zayn mumbles, staring down at the floor, clearly disappointed.
"Zaynie...." Liam trails off guiltily. He didn't know what to say, so he sits down next to Zayn and wraps his arms around him, pulling him in close.
Zayn sighs and wraps his arms around Liam's waist, resting his head on his shoulder.
"I trusted you..." Zayn whispers.
"I know I know Zaynie. I'm so sorry," Liam apologizes again.
"But.... Are you sure we can trust... Harry?" Zayn asks worriedly as he sits back and looks up at Liam.
"Of course!! He knows how important this is. He won't tell anyone," Liam agrees. " But honestly, Who's Harry gonna tell? He doesn't have any friends anyway," Liam adds jokingly.
Zayn laughs slightly and nods.
"Okay. I guess... I can go talk to him. If he really wants," Zayn finally agrees as he stands up.
"you're not mad at me, right?" Liam asks hopefully.
"Of course not," Zayn assures him as he holds Liam's hand and gives him a small smile.
"Okay good. I don't know if I could ever live with myself if you were ever upset with me."