Chapter One

Zahara Malarie at 9 yrs old.

I am in my room with my best friend Filicity playing doll house with barbie and Ken.

Filicity was like a sister I never had, we were closer than ever and there was never a weekend we'd spend apart.

Filicity was fearless and i was always shy, which is understandable because her mom let her get away with everything whereas my mom and dad were always burdening me with rules and expectation.

They weren't Christians but they believed in God and they do their best to followed the bible by the nook and cranny. My older brother and only sibling was the black sheep of the family, he did everything disobediently and mom would hide it all from the public eye.

My brother Keith and I lived like cats and dog, we were constantly fighting and no not in a sibling rivalry kind of way, it was much worst and much meaner.

We really hated each other and he has done his very best to make my life a living hell. Poor barbie and Ken paid the price significantly, some times they'd be headless and Fillie and i had to go hunting to find them and put them back together again.

Filicity and I were deep in fantasy land when we heard shouting and something smashing violently.

Filicity: " what was that"?... she asked as she halted brushing her barbie's hair.

Zahara: " i dont know" ... i whispered worriedly.

Then i heard something smash yet again that jolted us.

Filicity: " we should go look"... she suggested.

Zahara: "ok".

And we quickly put our dolls away and crept slowly down the stairs.

Thats when i saw my mom shouting at dad who had a suitcase in his hand.

"Richard.... Richard if you walk out that fucking door"!!!!.... she warned angrily.

Richard: "I cant do this anymore Melissa, we keep fighting and it's not healthy for you, me or Zahara... it's best I go".

Melissa: "you are always such a pussy, every couple fight, we are a family for fuck sake"!!!

Richard: "family?!?.... family don't live like we do Mel, you are always disrespectful and bitter, you've allowed all of your pass failed relationships to harden your heart, you don't even know what love is anymore ".

Melissa: " at least I am not a quitter!!!.... you are truly pathetic Richard".

Richard: "OK that's it"... he said as he turned towards the door to walk out. At that moment I no longer cared we were eavesdropping , my dad was leaving and I didn't want him to.

With tears streaming down my face I ran down the steps calling him.

Zahara: " daddy!!!....daddy don't go".

At the sound of my voice he halted and he turned and faced me with his arms open and tears falling from his eyes, but just as I was about to ran into his warmth mother snatched me and pulled me to hers instead.

Melissa: "no baby let him go he doesn't want us anymore ".

Richard: "that's not true and you know it Melissa .... Zahara daddy loves you"

Zahara: "daddy"!!!!.... I cried as I Struggled to get to him.

Melissa: "go...get the fuck out!!! GO!!!!"